Monday, January 01, 2007

Starting the New Year with A BLAST

2007. The seventh year of the new milennium. How time flies. In a blink of an eye. The year had ended, the new year has arrived.

New Year eve was celebrated back home in church. Yes, church. A place where I had spent most of my new years at as together we anticipate and welcome the new year. I had just returned from a night at Kuantan with mom and sis. Dad and another sis was still there with grandparents. I was playing which is why I had to be back earlier. Darn, miss visiting the beautiful beaches in the east coast.

I could imagine revellers gathering at the many location around KL to usher in the new year. Indeed it be happening affair yet I can't imagine myself jostling through the sweat soaked crowd with loud music blasting away as celebrities occupy the stages with their performances. I rather be in quieter and relax place. Church seem like an ideal place where we hear testimonies being read out on God's blessings throughout the year. Besides, I knew I would be starting the new year with a full stomach as I made my way yearly to Auntie Annie's place for her famous coney dog and porridge. Starting the year on a full load.

Speaking of full, the machas and myself headed down to Jogoya for buffet. We had planned this a few months before, thanks to Kelvin. It is said to be the best buffet in town. Ain't that cheap too. But it was worth the experience considering we had something to celebrate, the new year to say the least. Lunch aside, we went in with a stomach ready to gog down everything we could see. The spread was impressive which I believe constituted to the way it was arrange as well as how the place was set up. It seems like there was a lot of things to eat as we venture through the nook and cranny to find a stall selling something. Oyster, Cod Fish, Salmon, Soft Shell Crabs, Crabs, Prawns and even Escargot were some of the items on display. Drinks was also applenty as they had fresh fruit juices, smoothies, tea as well as coconut which were rather small but cute. Not forgetting the Movenpick ice cream which I head cost about RM8 per scoop. It was quite experience as we stay there for almost five hours. Boy, was I stuff!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My first plate

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hong Siew Fish Head

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sashimi Bar

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Fried Bar

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tempura Bar

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Machas

I had intended to take a pic of every plate I took but my effort was in vain as my stomach was quicker than my mind to snap a picture. While the food settled, I could manage an artsy shot just for fun.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And another as we left, considering I always wanted to have a shot of LV

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: