Sunday, June 04, 2006

Handicapped

SNAP! This was the sound I heard when I felt over the ball. Excruciating pain overwhelmed my entire leg. I had just colided while trying to defend a ball. Thoughts were stiring in mind.

Could I have broken my ankle? Would my leg be in a cast? How am I going to work tomorrow?

I was worried. I could only pray that my fears were just a figment of my imagination.

Steven came to my rescus and ushered me out of the court. Eddy was there to apply ice to my bruised leg to prevent the blood from cloting. The boy I trip myself over came and ask how I felt. I reassured him that everything was alright and that was not his fault that I went to ground.

I was quite surprise that I took the situation quite cooly. In my mind, I knew I could have reacted in various way. I could have been angry and scolded the boy whom I trip over. I could have been frustrated with myself for not getting the ball. I could have been writhing in pain. All I felt was just peace. Peace that everything would be alright and that there was something to learn from this.

What did I learn?

I learn that if you had your ankle fractured, apply ice to prevent the blood from cloting and the injury to be even more worse.

I learn that in times of need there are always people around you to help you through your struggle.

I learn to always encourage the young ones and give them confidence when they make a mistake.

I was one like them. I am who I am today because someone encourage me along the way and told me that I could make it despite my incompetance. The thought of youth flash across my mind. I felt a tingle of youthful passion inside of me. A passion that I used to have.

No comments: