Wednesday, May 26, 2004

The Question About Oppurtunities

It has been a couple of weeks that my parents have been quite worried my sister's future endeavours. She is currently studying in MMU but does not know why she is there at all or what course she should be taking. My parents had decided to place her in MMU first, with hopes that she be able to find a suitable course that she would be able to settle in. However, 3 weeks have passed by and she doens't seem interested to be in MMU in the first place. The reason behind this is she has no idea or clue what she wants to work as in the future.

My parents were had numerous talk with her and at the same time did not want to pressure her in making a decision. Time is passing by so very quickly and many oppurtunities that are before her right now may soon vanish if she does not take the appropriate action to decide on her future profession. My sister has the capability to make it through in life as she is the only one out of three sibblings who can really study. A straight A student and one who had manage to maintain top in class since Standard One. However, it is true that even with so much creditials it is seemingly pointless if one do not take the necessary steps to take the oppurtunity at hand. I worry for her just as much as my parents do. But, we are constantly explaining to her and giving her a clearer picture that what you study now isn't necessary what you will be doing as a courier. I have seen many people studying in one area and excelling in another. However, it would be good to study something that you would like to do in the future. I guess going to university is merely an experience where it helps you mature and see the world in a more bigger dimension. Just hoping that she would be able to make a choice between law or psychology. Management seem to be another alternative considering that psychology is included in it as well.

What About Me?

I was attending Database class earlier and was reminiscing about my time here in MMU. Frankly speaking, I guess I wasted the last 4 years studying engineering. Why do I say that? At this end of this 4 years, I could frankly say that I do not think I have the skills needed to be an engineer that would prepare me for the outside world. This thought was dawn upon me when my dad ask about my course and what I had learn so far. He didn't seem all the confident with the knowledge I had acquire thus far looking at the skills I have related to computer engineering. That is why today would be the last day I would be attending database class volunteerily. Initially, I decided to attend for the sole purpose of learning. I realised thereafter that at the end of the day I would be spending 1 hour passively listening without any understanding and producing no concrete results. I would have to admit that there are many times the reason I attend class is not to learn but solely to sign attendance so as to not get barred for exams. Guess if I do want to learn about something, practice would seem like the best option for me.

CG Launching Day

It was the time of the year where we got to know who would be in which CG and the excitement to find out who our new members would be. I truly enjoyed the presentation that was put forward by the CG leaders and assistants. It was a simple play yet it spoke a message. I was certainly proud of my dude, Terry for coming up with the poetic piece of work. Never knew he could rhymme. Then, it was followed by an impromptu skit of a teacher and 3 small kids. Ken, Chris and Chee Yong took up the kids role. Boy, were we laughing till out guts nearly fell out. However, it soon became a question as in "What does it all mean?" We finally found out that they were stating a point about sharing as each of the kids had only 2 colour pencil to draw their mom. I felt that the skit didn't send out a strong point that Joshua wanted to bring across. Anyway, it was all in the good name of laugh.

All of us were then split up into our respective CGs. I was pretty amazed when they began to allocate the newbies into my group. It was all guys. Initially we were conqured by girls and now balance is finally in its place. Another surprising discovery was most of them were from alpha FCM namely Teo, Shern, Johnson and Brian. We had Lu Vin as the other junior who soley represented the FOM's. Quite an interesting mixture. Besides that, I notice that Ting Ting and Terry were finding it pretty difficult to get the ball rolling. Me and datin decided to inject a little bit of interaction within out group less it became dry. I initially decided to remain quiet and allow the new leaders to carry out their duties. Guess, at times we need to lent a helping hand when the need is there. That is one of the interesting thing about Christian leadership. Can't really wait for our next meetup next Wednesday where we be starting it off with filling our stomachs as usual.

No comments: