Thursday, March 17, 2005

Phew!

It has been almost ten days since I last posted anything here. Alot of things had gone by, alot I had wanted to pen down. However, I could not find an available time to sit and write down my thoughts and experiences. It has been a busy few weeks as I was up and busy trying to get my FYP to work and working my way in writing a thesis for it. Writing the report was not the difficult part but editing it was. I took such a long time setting up the page with the specific measurement, justifying the report, aligning the tables and figures, and correcting the tenses in order to omit any usage of "I", "you", or "we". The worse part of it was doing the contents as I needed to go through the report and check the pages for the written chapters and also the list of figures and tables I had included with it. Time was passing so fast without me realising that it was almost time to hand up my report.

I thank God for bringing me through this whole ordeal as without His intervention, I do not think I was able to hand it up in time. I must admit to a certain extent that it was due to last minute work. However, I thank God for His grace. It was half an hour before submission time. I was still in the process of getting my thesis printed. Fortunately, I had brought down the laser printer from home to help me out with it. As my eyes were darting to and fro from the clock, I realise thereafter that time was running out and I had barely finish printing. I could say "Jesus Help me, Jesus Help me!" throughout the whole time as I knew I really could not hand up in time at 5pm. This was because I needed to travel from Shah Alam to Cyberjaya which would take around 20 minutes, and to find a shop to bind the two copies of report. I picked up the phone and called Terry.

"Hey dude, you in campus?" I asked.
"Yeh. In Electronics lab. Just handed in the thesis." he said.
"Eh, what time the lab close ah. I don't think I can make it in time. I can only be there around 5.20pm." I answered.
"The guy said he can wait for 15 minutes." he replied.
"Do you think you can ask him to hold the lab a little longer?" I asked in a haste.
"You better come here as soon as possible." he said.
The time was 4.45pm.

In a haste, I grab a shirt in the cupboard and rush out the house in my shorts and the two report in hand. I drove all the way to Cyberjaya in a short span of 15 minutes, exceeding at times the speed limit of 90km/h on the freeway. There was also fear in me that I may be caught for over speeding especially near the second toll gate from my place where police would usually turn up with their speed gun. As I reached into Cyberjaya, I quickly made my way to the art shop at Street Mall for binding. Looking at the time ever so often, the guy at the shop seems to be oblivious to my urgency and took his own sweet time to bind my report. The pressure at that time was intense but I kept my cool. However, I was fortunate enough to get a discount from him and paid RM9 instead of the early quotation of RM10. The time was 5.15pm.

I rushed into MMU and quickly found an empty space to park my car. Then, I began to race to the FOE building with the report in hand and was fortunate to find a lift there waitiing. Inside of it, I saw two of my batch mates who seem to be in the same situation with me. We quickly hurried out the door and found the lab where we needed to hand in out thesis. Of all the three labs which was there, one was still open. It was the lab that I was assigned to hand in my thesis. The time was 5.20pm. Inside, I saw a group of people sitting at the lab.

"You're number three." said one of the guys whom I recognised as Jian. " Don't worry, we are still waiting for one more to come." It seems I was not the last.

"Wah, not bad ah! You still able to make it." said Susan.

I took a deep breath of relieve. My pace began to slow down. I took my time to reach the table at the back of the lab, place my report a pile of other reports and sign my name in. I turn around and gave a hugh "Phew". The only thought that came to mind was, "Thank God". I couldn't describe the feeling. I felts so blessed at that point of time. Terry called me thereafter.

"Hey dude, how is everything." asked Terry
"I managed to hand it in. The lab is still open and I'm not the last one. There are some people holding up the lab for their friends." I answered.
"Mian, you are one lucky guy." he replied.

I did feel fortunate enough to be able to hand in my report. In my mind, I knew I would be able to finish it earlier if I had decided not to go for CF the night before. But, I did and enjoyed myself even knowing that hand up date was the next day. I guess I learned alot of things in just one ordeal. Never do last minute work and call out to God in your distress and He will hear and help you.

No comments: