Friday, March 04, 2005

Things Learned Today

There was so much to learn today. It was not learning by the book but by meeting with people.

I had a meeting with some people today to discuss about some CF related issues. It was quite an unexpected outcome at the end. I had previously discuss about it the day before and somehow came to a conclusion. However, I thought about it and decided to not support either. It soon change when I came into the meeting and heard the response from both sides that I decided to support the other as I was convince that it was a better idea, in the long run.

It was hard to make a decision and I felt uneasy as well. I hope that by making such decision I did not hurt anyone in return. The reason why I had change my decision is because I came to the meeting open minded and wanted to hear what the others have to say and at the end of the day I was convince by my decision. However, I was worried for those who did not really agree to it but yet followed the majority. I could see disastifaction over the outcome of the meeting as it was written over their faces. It seems to me that some of us came with expectation or with a fix idea of what the outcome may be. I find it quite normal for us to stand on our grounds in our decisions. However, this may lead us not to be open to other people's opinion and thus make conclusion beforehand. I just hope that whatever decisions made today would be for the benefit of the CF and not of our own.

As I began to think about today's meeting, I was asking myself whether I do change my decision at times. I do agree that I had made numerous decision in support or against the idea that had been proposed. This was because of the limited understanding I had and also because there was more tendency for me to follow and support someone's decision. It did occur to me how easy it is for us to allow others to affect our decision at times. Was I caught in such of a scenario? I wasn't that sure. However, I was hoping that I did not make any false promises or decision regarding about this issue before and had given the idea that I was turning against the decision that was made. Its hard to say whether what I did was right or wrong but I was clear that it was for the benefit of the CF.

CF have been going through some issues lately. Meetings have been made to decide on what is best for the CF as a whole. This has brought about some agreements and also disagreement due to different views and perceptions. Sometimes the meetings can be quite relax, some could be quite pressurising. Going for all the meetings although not being able to participate fully, I have been able to learn alot from it. I have learn about how to address an issue properly and not to take what is said too personally, learn about how different people respond to different situations in different ways and also had a chance to learn more about myself especially in my shortcomings.

One of the things I realise about the meetings is the length of it. It seems the meeting take ages to finish and sometimes I wonder why so much time is used for it. Most of the time I realise is we talk of other things more than the real issue itself. This will indeed drag the meeting further and I feel at times it is unfair for those who would wish to go home and spend some time with themselves or studies. Mom was pretty mad over me having to come back from meetings at 3am (others actually ended at 7am). I did see an issue at first but realise after that that the meeting could have been alot shorted if we were more focus. "Parliament meeting also not so long" This was mom words and I later understood what she meant. I feel too much time has been put to meetings that at times I feel the time used for it could be put to good use by doing something practical.

At the end of the day, met up with a friend for dinner cum sharing. I was surprise also to receive an SMS from a friend I had hardly kept in touch. She was going to US for 2 months and I was delighted to hear that and quickly grab my phone and called her. It was great to have friends who remember you even when you don't at times. I guess this are what I call friends and I am still learning to be a friend.

No comments: