Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Festive Challenge

24. A number that I will become familiar with. The year of the dog has come. It was the same year that I was birthed into this earth. Time passes by so very quickly that I can't believe that I had reached a ripe age of 24. Much have come, much will be coming. Its great to look back at the many achievements I achieved not of myself, learning from those experiences and using it as a stepping stone for many more things to come.

The festive seasons are one of the best time to be at home. At home with the family and love ones. Grandpa's place will be in activity as family members will gather for reunion and grandpa's house will be open as usual, inviting the many guest for a time of fellowship and food. Food has always been a mode of bringing people together. Grandma's food is always the best. It is one of those rare occasion where I get to savour truly home cooked food. Auntie Tina was around to lend a hand in dishing out her specialities as well adding to a much more varied array of food. It was great to see people and be around people.

Besides that, it was a special Chinese New Year for me as I had the oppurtunity of meeting many fellow school friends who were away for many years, many who had travel beyond seas and continent to get a degree. It was great to laugh and joke about school days when we were young and michievous. I missed those times. Times when I was oblivious to any problems in life and truly enjoyed myself. It was a great fellowship especially meeting friends that I had not set eyes upon since I left school.

However, it was not all a bed of roses as I had been disappointed by one of my closest friends. I known him since we carried our bags through the big gates of what we called school. It was sad that it had to happen this way yet I try to tell myself to continue to have faith in him and be a friend. All in all, I realise there was a positive from situation. I got to speak with numerous people and got to know them better from this situation. It seems that no matter how bad a situation may look to be, there is always a ray of light penetrating through the darkness. I can only hope that our friendship can be restored and that he will be able to learn from this.

No comments: