Sunday, January 01, 2006

A New Year Blast!

New year eve was spend on a modest mode. There was no nightwatch service this year as the following day was a Sunday. Usually new year eve are spend at church instead of night lights in the city or the pumping jam packed discos or clubs.

It was such a great feeling to be able to welcome the new year on a Sunday morning. What would be more appropriate than to spend the first day in the house of God. I have been asking myself as to what I should do this year. Many thoughts came and go. Standing in my chair and asking God, I could not thing of anything else but my walk. It seems that I found myself at a stage of lukewarm. A dangerous place to be in when you're neither hot nor cold. I asked myself what happened to the fire that I had caught during mission and at Hillsongs conference. Had it just fizzle out and found myself going back to square one. I was puzzled and ashamed. What would my life be if I keep on at this pace? I needed something to boast my confident that I would be able to walk consistently with my head held high and not looking back at the failures, dissapointment or temptation that had cause me to feel so helpless. I prayed that He will guide me this year.

After a dazzling Sunday morning where we kickstart a month long teaching of the Fruit of the Spirit, I headed down to KL to meet up with my buddies, Terry, Don and Kelvin. We had decided to catch "Actorlympic". Ironically, it was to be our first theatre of the year. Unfortunately, Mathan could not join us as he was up at his new place cleaning up to move in.

We set out to Bangsar Shopping Complex. There we met a couple of familiar faces from MMUCF who were also there to catch theater. Fortunately, they were able to get seats which apparently was the last few seats available. Thanks to Terry, we were able to get some good side seats that allowed us to watch it up close. I made comparison with the Actors Studio Box and KLPac. Actors Studio Box is confined to a smaller place as compared to KLPac which allowed the audience to be up close with the actors, allowing one to see the facial expression that makes theatre real. However, KLPac has a beautiful surrounding that includes green trees, a lake and creatively design exteriors that allow one to be creative in one's surrounding.

It was time for "Actorlympic". The respective make an entrance from behind with various personality. The most hair raising entrance was that of Edwin Sumun who came in drapped in a long piece of cloth that drops off his shoulders revealing his naked skin. As soon as all the actors and actresses got on stage, the show was in motion. I was really excited to see the most talented actors in Malaysia all on one stage. People like Gavin Yap, Edwin Sumon, Na'a Murad, Adflin Shauki, Nell Ng, Ida Nerina, Jit Murad, Rashid Salleh and Harith Iskandar. Money worth indeed. Indeed it was also a tummy worth as their spontaneous made us laugh our lungs out. It was such an entertaining show that you can't help but understand why it was a full house.

After emptying our stomach with all that laughter, we had to put replace some of it by proceeding to Chilli's. If you are one who enjoys bottomless, the bottomless drinks and nachos at Chilli's can really fill you to the brink without having you touch your main course. It was a simply filling dinner that we had and expensive one as well. As long there is good company, price seems to be secondary. What a blast we had on new year!

No comments: