Sunday, January 01, 2006

Resolutions for 2006

New year. Another 365 days had passed. How time flies. It was like just yesterday that I celebrated new year. Well, I guess its the time of the year where new resolution need to be made and I believe I would need to make mine as well. I know of many who do not believe in making new year resolution.

"Aiya, what resolutions? Make also no point. Waste time! Won't do wan."
"Resolutions? Whats that? No need resolution. Just go with the flow. Come what may."

Well, these are some of the response when you asked someone about resolution. I used to also had such mentality before. Experience speaks for itself. I know I am not going to be able to achieve all that I had written down or even resort myself in making it come pass. So why have one when you can't achieved it?

I believe that by making new year resolution that I would be able to have a direction in life whereby I would list down things I would like to do or see in myself come to pass. This would allow me to reflect and trace back the journey that has taken me to achieve, realising that I was not able to do if God was not beside me helping me make it come to pass.

Many thoughts had come by as to what I would resort to do this year. These thoughts or ideas were spurred by reflecting upon what I had missed out, neglected or did not do the last year. Other than that, some of these were birth because I wanted to see myself doing it. As a self proclaimed procrastinator, I know that if I do not envisioned what I would like to accomplish this year, I would only see this year past by meaningless and unfruitful.

As a result, I decided to pen down some realistic goals whereby I would see myself accomplishing it by God's grace. If it does come to pass, I would know that my pure determination to make it come pass was not the only factor of me accomplishing it but of God helping me to do so.

Personal
  1. Consistency in the reading of the Word, praying and tiding.
  2. Time conscious and punctuality.
  3. Taking responsibility and being committed towards a certain task/role/responsibility given.
  4. Taking effort and time to build relationships and fellowship among friends and family members.
Career
  1. Build my understanding and knowledge in SAP (SD module and Security) and other onboarded application that would allow me to be on par with the seniors in the team.
  2. Proactive in undertaking task that have been given.
  3. To assist in building the team by providing feedback and complementing my collegues in building towards the vision of achieving a world class helpdesk for DSIT by 2008.
  4. To be an examplary Christian in the marketplace.
Things I planned to do
  1. Initiating meetups/fellowship with friends.
  2. Assist in helping in the direction of the Easter drama.
  3. Writing an original musical drama script for next year's Easter.
  4. Getting my buddies to brainstorm and shoot a shot film for this years MVA.
  5. Loose weight and exercise regularly.
  6. Go on a holiday.
  7. Consistantly update my blog.
  8. Start saving for a drum set.
  9. Buy a digital camera.
  10. Decorate my room.
  11. Learn to cook.
  12. Start reading.

This are my resolutions for this year. It is a more detailed resolution as compared to previous year. I hope by God's grace that I would be able to fulfill this goals.

No comments: