Thursday, August 31, 2006

Merdeka

49. A year before we celebrate our 50 years of independance. A year I await as a Malaysian. Visit Malaysia 2007. It is simply an awesome experience being a Malaysian. To be in a country of much diversity is one area I am truly grateful. Mixing with people of various races and cultures is an awesome experience. I am fortunate to experience this first hand with my group of friends which I meetup frequently. Chinese, Indian, Malay, MalaysianThai and at times a Sarawakian seems to complete the Malaysian theme.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In the land of of diversity, I have come to enjoy staying here. Its surprising how many people venture outstation in search of better life. This could be due to the discrepancies seen in the country. Discrimination. Corruption. Unfairness. For me, this are just but small issues that I can seem to overlooked. Life is still good here. Great food. Good weather. Relatively low cost of living. Guess there is no perfect country to live in and one would need to make the best of it whereever one is. Leaving a country because of certain may not be the best solution as one will meet other problem in that country unless leaving is due to a life treatening event eg. war, famine.

One of things I truly enjoy is the art scene in Malaysia. I believe that diversity have help strengthened the art scene. There was a time that many weren't aware of the potential we have until Yasmin Ahmad's film "Sepet" brought diversity to the masses and make in popular. Films in Malaysia have began to excel. "Gol and gincu" is currently my favourite series. I can't wait for "Realiti" which would be premiering on 8TV this Sunday. Shows that I anticipate this year would be Bernard Chauly's Goodbye Boys (Trailer) whereby a friend of mine is acting in, and Dukun (Trailer), the story of the infamous Mona Fendy. Theatre have also been rather interesting ever since the establishment of KLPac in Sentul. The place is simply an eye to behold especially the colonial of railway station relics in Sentul. Puteri Gunung Ledang -the Musical was a great hit and would soon be crossing borders to our fellow neighbours in November. All this simply excites me the potential that Malaysia has to offer.

Happy Merdeka!

No comments: