Friday, August 25, 2006

One Year

Today mark a year of service for the Royal Dutch Shell. Its been a good year. A great year I must say. Mainly because I enjoy my work. Not because of the nature of the work but the freedom of working. Had much fun working with a lot of great people. People plays an important role in a job. Its interesting to see how each work. Food seems to be a common ground for most of us especially the basket of food that sits on top of our cubicle where we would indulge ourselves in it each time we want to have a breather. No wonder I have been growing enormously this past year that seems to take a tool to the pants I wear to work. Guess I need to start a habit of gym in order to stay in shape.

One of the things I enjoy working in Shell is the ability to do other things besides work. It seems like being in campus all again as there are many acivities being held. There are even activities which we are able to plan as well. I had the priviledge of planning for a dinner at Saujana Impian and a team building trip to Genting Highlands not too long ago. At the moment, I am planning for a Movie Marathon that is being planned to be held in October. These activities have strengthened by enthusiasm in event management, an avenue I enjoy getting involved in despite the intense pressure that comes with it.

As I look and reflect the past year, I encovered many things about myself. Know where I am good at which I can go to in my career advancement and what that I am not good in. For sure, I am no techie as I do not possess the technical skill to be good in it. Even if I do possess the skill which could be learn, I don't think I am able to competant in it. I like planning, managing, strategising and creative thinking. Business is something I would like to know more in depth considering the advantage that is attributed to it for future consideration.

There are few things close to my heart that I hope in future I am able to venture in. At this point, they will remains as plans or dreams as there is much more to learn from where I am in. It be interesting to see where I will be in one year time. Till then.

No comments: