Sunday, August 27, 2006

Twisted

Crack! A familiar sound. My knee gave way. Fallen on the ground I was. There was no tackle. No going after the ball. Just a sudden turn that displace my body weight awkwardly which lead to my knees unable to support the weight that followed. I knew then that pain will follow thereafter, just like my injury that happened two months ago.

Steven again came to my rescue, checking the injury that I had succumbed. This time, it wasn't checking the injury or trying to get some spray to soothen the pain. A prayer was all that was offered. I began to pray as well hoping for not the worse. As I slowly walked out of the pitch, I could only believe that this was to happened for a reason. Despite not being able to continue with the game, I sat happily enjoying the games displayed on both side of the courts. It was a trilling sight as I saw movement and goals that looked pretty similar to the weekly EPL matches.

It will be awhile before I start putting on my boots again. I will indeed miss the game despite only coming back after coming back from a lengthy break. Guess will need to find new avenues to loose some weight. Darn, I'm fat!

No comments: