Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I Got A Title

After having spend almost 6 months of blogging, I just realise that I had not turn on the option for a title header. I had always wondered how others had title head and I just realise that it was all there all this while.



The time we have all been waiting has finally arrived. After having seen American Idol and World Idol, it was finally time to showcase our very own idol. Friday would be the first episode in which 8TV would be airing. The first few shows would show how many hopefuls who had travelled a far to make it to the audition at designated places would fare in their singing. The first stop was non other than the Pearl of Orient, Penang. It was interesting to see many "William Hung" wannabe. His influence can be found evident in many of the contestant. There wasnt any outstanding person showcase in the show. It was also quite difficult to see everyone going through the audition as it was only a one hour show for the entire week of audition. I read in the newspapers that not everyone had a chance to be auditioned by the official judges of Malaysian Idol; Rosman Ali, Fauziah Latiff and Paul Moss. Instead, some were interviewed by fellow 8TV staff instead. Imagine the frustration to go and be auditioned by a different set of people. A good start. Can't wait to see the next episode of audition at Kuching, Sarawak.

My Baby is Back

After an absense of almost a month, I finally got my precious camera working. it wasn't exactly spoiled but that I couldn't use it because of my faulty charger. I made the long awaited trip down to Mont' Kiara on Wednesday to get it fixed after comfirming its parts availability. I didn't want to make a double trip due to its distance but get it done in one go. Don accompanied me on my trip there. It was surprisingly when I recelised that the parking was quite reasonable considering its posh atmosphere. There were many cafes and bistro situated at the bottom floorspace with mutlnational offices at the upper floors. It really did feel like a working world. The though of having to graduate in a years time would placed me in places such as this. Don however had a few more months left. I took about almost an hour getting my faulty parts replaced and also checking through my camera. I spend about RM10 for everything in which I paid for the side cover which was loose while the charger was still under waranty. Now, to continue my favourite past time as a shutterbug. Here are some pictures I took of my drum sets back in church which I had delayed. The pictures didn't come out that well as I shot them without any flash.



Like Father, Like Son

Spending the weekend with family has always been my weekend agenda and something I do look forward and sometimes I don't. I like being together as a family but dislike the nagging part of it from my mum. I realise during the weekend about myself, looking at my parents as examples. My attitude and character have become more like both my parents as years goes by. This include even the bad side of it as well. My sarcasm, my rebellion, my disagreement with people who are against my opinion, my perception of church. I couldn't help remembering about my coldness to certain people after last week meeting. Feel that at times its not my real me. I hope I am not like that and I know I am not if I want to learn to be me. Its hard at times when we tend to follow people who we look up to especially parents and sometimes even following the bad side without realising it. Its time for me to stand up and learn to be matured and responsible with my life and pray that my actions do not stumble others. My apologies.

Football has one again dominated the minds of fellow compatriot who live football. I for one am one of these fanatic. Its another time of the year besides World Cup where we sacrifice all for the love of the game. I never really like football in the beginning. My indulgence in it happened a few years ago when I decided to get to know this sport a lil better just to strike up a conversation with people. I ended up loving Arsenal, my favourite EPL team. Looking at the lineups in Arsenal, I would be an eager France fan. However, I have always been a fan of the underdogs. Greece had proved the home crowd, Portugal wrong when they beat them 2-0. There isn't certainty in football. May the best man wins.

No comments: