Wednesday, July 07, 2004

A Photoblog

Three weeks have passed and I have not updated my blog. Holidays and exams have halted my posting but I hope it does not hinder my enthusiasm to write my experience and thoughts I encounter. I decided to do a photoblog of my past few weeks minus certain occasion I forgot to picture my experience.


Cyber Christmas

I attended the past few meetings of Cyber Christmas meetings mainly to sit in as an observer and also to be there to represent the CF Comm that we are behind them for this whole event. It reminded me of my past involvement of Cyber Christmas for the past 3 years. It was good to see new faces in different leadership roles. I decided not to get involve in this years Cyber Christmas, mainly because I wouldn't be around due to my industrial training. However, I wouldn't mind helping out in areas where there is a lacking in manpower namely cleaning up and shifting stuff. I realise there is a lacking of man power in those area considering the fact that it is a dirty job which many aren't to venture.



Year : 2001/2002 Involvement : Oversear
This was the first year in as a beta that I decided to volunteer myself as a Cyber Christmas committee. Coming in a freshie, I was practically oblivious to what was happening around. I was choosen as an oversear, helping the chairman on the night itself. However, I wasn't able to carry out my duties to my best as I was involve in church and wasnt able to make it for practices. Felt really bad for not helping out as much and that lead me to continue serving in Cyber Christmas the following year.




Year : 2002/2003 Involvement : Cyber Christmas Chairman
I decided to take up the responsibily of heading Cyber Christmas as I felt I wanted to do more and probably expand the vision of Cyber Christmas to a bigger scope. The plan to have a week of Christmas failed to materialise but I thank God that all the things we had planned were executed by God's sufficient grace. It was a first time for many which included a self-penned trip and 5 events running concurently besides the tradisional Christmas play. I learned that God answer's prayers in mysterious ways that we at times aren't able to comprehend.



Year : 2003/2004 Involvement : Exhibition Director
The call to once again served in this area was again highlighted but I decided to take a smaller role which involve a larger preparation. It was an idea mooted myself and Michelle and decided to take it up since there was no one volunteering for it. It was good experience to see you vision coming to reality though not exact. However, it was a priviledge working with a group of non-cf people who came to help out. It was a nice setting though it lack in attracting the people to come and see it due to the location. It taught me about patience alot as I needed to wait outside a lecturer room for almost two hours to get permission to for a venue. It was frustrating and time consuming. However, there was joy in my heart to see it come to past and to see people working together made me forget about the bad experience and also the tiring effort put in.

Bad Weather

It was a sight I had never encounter before. Big drops of rain and strong undirectional rain tore through the little town of Seremban. It reminded me of the movie "Day After Tomorrow". Here are some pictures of my home surrounding.





The Weekend




My younger sis will be spending her first weekend in Malacca and was not coming back. My parents decided to pay a visit to her. We visited Mahkota Parade for a short shopping spree, made our way to the famous Jonker Street for some night life and headed down to Amigo for dinner.

An Outdoor Experience





I was fortunate to be able to join Shio's CG, the CG my sis attends for a trip to Bukit Kiara Equestrian Club for Nokia Starlight Cinema, which is an outdoor cinema. The show for tonight was Shrek 2 and Secret Window. There was so many people that many cars were parked beside the road. Some who were unfortunate had their cars summoned. Friends and family came in drove with sleeping bags, mattresses and picnic basket to watch the movie. My experience was cut short due to a short drizzle and I decided to vacate the place not taking any risk of a heavy downpour as our cars were parked near the National Science Centre. We tend made our way to the famous Sri Hartamas for dinner cum supper. It was so crowded that there were cars and people everywhere. My throat was cut when I had to fork out RM5 for parking. It was really a picture of a luxurious lifestyle with people in skimpy clothes and expensive cars, spending their Friday nights at clubs and discos. This is a lifestyle I find uncomfortble yet wonder why do people spend so much money and time on such unethical activities.

Exam Week

It was simply a strenous and boring week to start of the second quarter of my semester. My daily routine of waking up, study, having lunch, study, having dinner, study and going to bed was unimaginable. I wonder how I manage to pull through for the past 4 days. I had not intended to attend CF that day due to unfinish studying. However, I stayed back as there was complication to the movie which was to be shown and that many people who were not around due to exams and work. Besides that, I went out on the following night for CG makan althought the next day I had another exam to go through. Sacrificing time for fellowship rather than study made me tense but at the end of the day I felt peace. I thank God for pulling me through as I was able to answer the question for my mid term. However, uncertainties overshadowed me and it will time will only tell if I manage to pull up some results.

Tying the Knot

Here is a picture of the beautiful bride, Min Chee and groom, Matthew who solemnly exchange their vows in my church where a dinner at Restaurant Hei Lo Tin. Food was quite reasonable making the lotus leave rice and four season my top pick of the night.




Studying Through the Holidays

It was horendous to be on holiday yet had to force myself to pick up my books to study. However, the thought of workload and exams right after my break were my main motivation for me to continue on.

Out With The Boys

Don paid me a visit from Kajang and went out together with Terry for a good lunch of beef noodle and stayed on for a cup of good black coffee at Seremban Market while we waited for the rain to subside. It was pretty cool to hang out at the market though most of those around us were wondering why on earth were youngsters at the market hanging out. If there was a spitting bowl on the floor with our legs on the chair, it would be a perfect picture of old "ah peks" hanging out and talking politics. Besides that, we also paid a visit to one of the local car battery shop to change his bat as most of his car appliances weren't working. Pictures I do not have to illustrate it as the I forgot about taking my camera to snap the some food of Seremban.

Harvest

It was yet again a trip down to old grandpa place where I had the priviledge of joining my parents in gathering the crops of the season. Grandsparents were down in KL and we were there on his behalf to collect the fruits that have dropped on the ground. This include durians and mangosteen. Duku langsat and mangoes were beginning to appear but were yet ripen to be collected. Grandpa's place always remind me of an orchard that I would love to have in my dream house. Imagine having a field day collecting and eating the fruits of your labour in your own garden. Simply mouth-watering!





A Visit to KL





My parents made the trip to KL this week mainly to see my grandpa who was admitted to hospital for gout. He had traffered from SJMC to Selayang Hospital as it was alot more cheaper. The trip also included a stopby at Help Institute for a quick tour for my younger sister who have yet to make up her mind on her choice of courier. It was an impressive building not because it was asthetically beautiful but because the concept of the way the institute was constructed caught my attention. It is build at the basement of Damansara Business Centre that streches close to a kilometre long. There was this long corridor where students need to walk thorugh in order to get to their classes. It reminded me of the underground tunnels soldiers used to build under the cities to travel from one place to another without being notice. Quite a cool college to be in.




A Launch Ceremony






Dad woke up me up pretty early on Saturday morning and asked if I would like to follow him for a launch ceremony down at PD. Seeing the oppurtunity, I decided to follow my dad since I had a neck for buildings. It was an interesting outing, seeing how it was organise. My dad had an invitation to attend by the architect and developer of this building. It was a time sharing government resort which was abandoned for quite long time. The ceremony was graced by our Menteri Besar and I manage to catch a glimpse of him in person for the first time. Looks quite a humble person though my dad reckon the previous MB, Tan Sri Isa, the current Federal Territoty Minister was more of a jovial person when it comes to speeches. We decided to leave a little earlier as we were planning to go to KL a few hours later. However, our effort was in vain as there were some unreasonable people who parked their cars on the road blocking those who were parking inside. It shows the mentality of fellow Malaysians when it comes to parking their vehicle. Hope that we are able to improve our mentality before we become a developed nation in the year 2020.



Nobel Laurette Exhibition at National Science Centre




I went there on a trip organised by Dr. Ian. We sat in a school bus which made me feel like it was one of those primary school trips to KL. Michelle, Ching Wei and Puay Seong were some of those who went together with me.

A Birthday Celebration With Shen





The dishes was enomous in proportion yet the price was reasoble especially when it was seafood. The menu for the night include Garlic Butter Mussels, Seafood Platter and Swordfish with a top up of Cola Tonic. This is one of my favourite restaurant not because it is one of my relative, Mr. Lambert Yeo franchise which started in Singapore but the food choices suits my appetite considering the big portion and reasonable price. For more info, do check out the link below.



No comments: