Friday, July 30, 2004

Resurrection

I have finally resurrected from the grave of absence into the oblivious cyber world to once again revive the spirit of thought-provoking self explanatary digest of my life before an unknown audience of fellow blog readers.

.......................................................what a bunch of crap!!!

Precisely. Its really been such a long time I lay my hands on this little familiar screen where I used to ramble away all the times in a lengthy way that curious readers do point out to me the difficulty of reading my blog. Well, I guess writing on blog was initially intended for my reference, mainly to chart what I have done so far for this year. However, in an open cyber space, confidentiality needed to be sacrifice and I begin to feel at ease sharing my life through this site. It has provided for me an avenue of sharing, accountability and allowing people to keep in touch with me.

 I did miss jotting down my experiences, thoughts and happenings in my life. A month have almost pass and most of what I wanted to write about have already crept out of my mind. I do miss writing. Spending long hours sitting down and coming up with sentences, uploading of pictures and posting them. Pictures seems to be somethinng I loves. Looking at them on my blog reminds me of the happy times. No wonder there is always a camera in my bag.

God has been really good to me all this time.

Thank God for providing me with a job for my industrial training. Though I had wish to work at Mesiniaga, I was happy enough to be given a job at World Net Services. I just felt peace eventhough it wouldn't seem like a company that is directly related to my field of interest. This would require me to travel down to the KL golden triangle from Monday to Friday. Its unimaginable that I would be going through the hustle and bustle of the KL traffic, squeezing myself with the many office goers on the LRT and joining the rat race which I had heard so much about. I would be working at Megan Phileo, which is situated opposite Hotel Nikko and adjacent to KLCC along Jalan Ampang. The company is under the Reliance Travel group and it deals with setting up websites and databases for countries in order to promote tourism at a particular area. The idea seem pretty interesting to me and I can't wait to find out more about it when I start. I always like to work. Howevers, news about working life from people who have graduated before me always seems to depict a terrible life. It really all depends on an individual. What I would feel I would know when I am in it.

Thank God for pulling me through my Final Year Project (FYP) presentation. I had to rush to present. I do agree that it was my fault. Punctuality seem to be the biggest hurdle I have yet to cross over. I ran all the way to the Intel Advance Lab and quickly apologize for being late. Quickly catching my breathe, I began my presentation. My long hours of working on the slides had allowed me to familiarize with the order of presentation. However, I believe that God was there to give me a clear presence of mind to speak confidently to my fellow audience of my supervisor, Dr David Chieng, moderator, Mr. Chang Yoong Choon and friends who came to lend their support namely Terry, Khang Yee and Kai Nian.

Just to give you a brief introduction to my project, Terry and myself will be working on "Provisioning a SIP-based Voice over IP (VoIP)". What is it all about? Its mainly about implementing a new telecommunication technology whereby telephone calls would be made digitally through a digital transmission line by packets instead of the normal electrical signals in the copper cable. Terry would be dealing with the User Agent, an interface to dial to another user while I would be dealing with the System Management. I find it pretty fun learning all the information about setting up this whole system. Preparing for my slides has allowed me to have a bigger picture of what my project is all about. Systems, networking and management seems to be my cup of tea. This is a field that I am considering to move into in near future if I were to stay in my line of engineering. However, it isn't an easy task as we faced many difficulties eventhough its mainly installing and implementing. Hardward and software compatibility has been an issue for us. The workload seems to be a lot and I guess early preparation needs to be done during the 2nd sem even if im on my training. Staying in campus has given me an advantage to do my project.

Other than that, I have been searching myself a lot. Reflecting upon myself and learning about myself in general, my strengths and weakness. With God helps, I hope I would be able to go about improve myself and grow from there on.

Weaknesses
  1. Punctuality
    I guess this has been clearly shown to many that know me well. I am always late. Though I tried to be early especially in the early part of the sem, I am back again at my starting line.
  2. Judgemental
    There are many times that I have been judgemental. People who do not meet my standards. I realise that in myself when I began to look at other people faults more than their strenght. This has cause me in a way to look down on certain people and classify them as inferior. I fail to realise that I too have my fault, as you can see. It is not my duty to judge them but more of me accepting them.
  3. Sarcasm
    Many times I tend to be an outgoing person that is full of mischief and at times full of crap. I realise at times that my jokes may seem funny to me but at times it may turn out to be sarcasm instead.
  4. Sensitive
    I would say that I am a very sensitive person though I seldom portray it in front of people. Only those who are close to me knows it. I will always remember this words from my friends who use to say, "Use your sensitivity to be a blessing and not the other way round". I am particular with peoples actions, characteristics and surroundings. This is duly part and parcel of my tendency to observe people and how they interact with situations. Other than that, I tend to think alot.

This are some areas that I have come to realise that I need to strike a balance. I pray that He will guide me though my weakness that it would become a strength that would bless and encourage people around me.

What A Friend We Have In Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear
What a priviledge to carry
Everything to God in prayer
O what peace we often forfeit
O what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged
Take it to the Lord in prayer
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrow share?
Jesus knows our every weakness
Take it to the Lord in prayer

Are we weak and heavy-laden
Cumbered with a load to care?
Precious Saviour, still our refuge
Take it to the Lord in prayer
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer
In His arms He'll take and shield thee
Thou wilt find a solace there

No comments: