Sunday, August 01, 2004

My Weekend

Its been almost 2 weeks since I actually went home. I did make a stopby last week after the trip down to Malacca for the convo, but it didn't feel that I was really at home though I came back and slept for 3 hours after a tiring nightout the day before.

I didn't do that much when I was home. To me, it was the joy of not doing anything much but just staying at home, enjoying the time lazying around and hearing the constant nagging from my mum. However, I didn't actually do nothing. I attended a church members 21st birthday party and Aspirers, the youth service in my church after a time of absence.

Besides that, I had a surprise on Saturday night when my parents came back from KL with some stuff after visiting my uncle. The first word that came out of my mouth was, "Oh my goodness" I kept repeating it over and over again that mom had to ask me keep quiet. Its funny how blessed I really felt at that point of time. Many things I have I do not deserve to have yet God has been gracious to me and my family. Thank God and my uncle for all the good things that I have receive thus far.

Today, I decided to send two sms in my support for the ever talk about Malaysian Idol. I got a chance to witness the third workshop and I must say I was pretty impressed by a number of the contestant. Missed the first workshop and wasn't that impress with the second one. Two contestant caught my attention, Jac and Fahmy. The seem to be probably candidate that I would vie for to continue on the next round and be the final 10. I didn't manage to catch tonites results but hope my predictions were right. Though it was rm0.70/vote, seeing them as the final 10 would be worthwhile. Overall, I would think that Malaysian Idol as a scaled down project as compared to American Idol. (Found out they are in when I edited my post on 3/8/04)

Another session of futsal with fellow church mates was indeed worthwhile. Its been my second time since it was initiated by Selwyn about 3 weeks ago. A good mixture of adults and the young ones. Seremban has not been left out by the futsal craze and the opening of Sports Barn seem to be the best thing that has happened in this little sleepy town where life seems to be at a standstill most of the time. Its also a great place to workout those fats and fellowship with one another. Guys seems to dominate the scene as girls have yet to join in. I had a little improvements this time around . Manage to squeeze in a goal due to mildhandling of the ball my the goalie which ended in the net. A fluck shot I might say. Despite numerous attempts on goal, most of my shots couldn't really find the target. Bad coordination and lack of experience seem to sum up my inability to score. However, it was all for the sake of fun and I manage to maintain through a continuous run of 3 games. Can't wait for next week.

No comments: