Thursday, February 24, 2005

Sporty Night

I sat for my Operating System paper last night. It was my first test for this semester. I had two subjects to take this semester excludiing FYP. My other paper would be next week and it coincides with the passing up of the first draft of my FYP report. I spend the whole day at home studying all that I can but was unable to memorize or remember all the facts for this subject. This lead me to staring blankly at the paper for a couple of minutes as I could not recollect the facts that I had studied. Some of it I could roughly remember, others seem foreign to me as I could not remember. I quickly went through the paper and did what I could do while leaving the uncertain ones to the end where I ended up crapping my way through it.

It was after the exam and I decided to paper myself a little my reading newspaper and watching television after coming back from Serdang. There was an interesting show going on TV and it was the up and coming talents for NBA. There was a variety of games which includes team shootout with veteran basketballers, station games, three point throw and the ever interesting slam dunk. I was pretty impressed by the slam dunk session of it as a fellow up and coming talent, Josh Smith from the Hawks display an interesting style of putting the ball in the loop in which he was able to do because he was able to hang in the air long enough to do it. It reminded me about Michael Jordan days. I decided to go to bed thereafter but couldn't sleep. Knowing that there was a football game going on at that time, I decided to wake up and watch the match between Barcelona and Chelsea. It was an interesting display of football where Chelsea was down to ten man and Barca had to capatalise on that by making ever effort in front of the strong defensive side of Chelsea. Their perseverance and patience paid off and they were up 2-1. What was even more interesting as I saw the game was a spirit of sportmanship. I was equally impressed with Ronaldinho and Eto's dedicating each attempt on goal to God. Very Christian indeed.

It was a night of sports for me and I guess I am pretty amazed of what sports is and can only thank God for such a thing call sports.

No comments: