Monday, June 06, 2005

Reuben Morgan Concert

Mom had purchased three CD of Reuben Morgan debut CD. Inside of it, were tickets to his debut album. My sisters and I made our way to KL to watch him in person. Quite a number of our church members were there as well. There was not much promotion or publicity about his coming and we only got to know about it through one of friends who is working in Canaanland. The venue of the place was PJEFC. I was astouded when I reached the place to see a huge church. It was a converted factory space and was situated behind of another building. As I went in, I was told that the church had their own gym and even an indoor basketball court which they rent out to UTAR students who studies in the vicinity. I met Sam there and knew that he was from that church.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As Reuben Morgan made to the stage, I was shocked to see what he had done to his hair. I would think his previous outlook was more down to earth compared to his now hippish style. Anyway, as he began to lead us into some of his songs, I was amazed to see how many songs that I have sung in church were actually written by this talented song writer. Songs like "This is My Desire" are beautiful songs and was privilege to meet the song writer in person. It was a great time of worship. However, there was no songs sung from his new album. I believe that he chose songs which the audience could easily recognise and would be able to worship God with it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me and some church members at the concert

Later on, we made our way to "Kei Tak Sek" or KTS for some mango lolo. Its shaved ice with a generous amount of cut fruits. I decided to try the mixed fruit as many had ordered mango. It was very nice but a bit pricey on the tap. I wonder how much does the stall owners makes from selling deserts at almost RM5 per bowl. Anyway, it was a good thirst quencher before we headed home to Seremban for the night.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mango Lolo

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mixed Fruit Lolo

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Honeydew Lolo with Sago

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Indulging it.

No comments: