Thursday, June 30, 2005

Thoughts Down Under

It has been an awesome trip to visit the Iban people in the interiors of Sarawak.I have gained many valuable lessons and experience that I have learned both individual and as a group. Now, I return to a place that seems familiar to me. Its different. I am beginning to miss the time spend during missions especially the time when we would gather as a group for devotion and prayer. I felt energise and full.

I am a day to leaving to Australia for Hillsongs Conference. It would be a totally new change for me, from going on a mission to the interiors of Sarawak to attending a conference in the hustle and bustle Sydney. I thank God for this oppurtuniy to experience God in two totaly different surroundings. Yet as I begin to think about it, I should be excited. But I'm not. I feel emptiness. The feeling of being alone. I do not know why I am feeling this way. I am puzzled.

I believe that God is working in me. He is taking time to be alone with me. There are issues in my life that need attention. An attention that only God can give. I asked of him things I desire to have. Yet, impatience at times drive me up the wall. Where is God taking me? What am I to do? I feel fear. Fear to change. Fear to trust God that He is control. Fear of not having my prayers answered. Uncertainties surround me.

As I prepare to leave for Australia, I pray that I can spend some time alone with Him. Some time for God to reveal Himself and His plans for my life. My purpose of living. I believe that this is a sabbatical for me before I begin my journey from here onwards as a young working adult. TO get my act right before God and really believe that He is God.

No comments: