Monday, January 19, 2004

18 January 2004

It's hard at times to keep a constant journal of urself each and every day. I told myself that I'll finish my writings at the end of the day but always end up postponing it to the following day. Guess, sometimes its always procrastination or laziness. However, the reason why i postponed my writing to now is due to the extra journals that i need to write for Friday and Saturday that i didnt want to rush at maintaining a journal but making sure that I write it our properly and well. Enough of meditating on what blogging is, let me just continue with my lil story. Sit tight and smell the coffee...

It was another Sunday and as usual we were late again for church. I always wonder why we could never be early except when I'm on duty. Praise and worship was conducted by the Aspirers, the youths of my church and they led the congregration into high praise. Pastor Sally took over the pulpit and presented this Sunday message as Pastor Ben was preaching for another church in KL. I wasn't really paying attention to the entire sermon but caught a lil here and there. A thought came to mind as pastor was speaking.

"Giving Satan Too Much Credit"

I realised that nowadays many preachers speak about Satan and all his devilish schemes that seem to have got hold of many of us. It's good to know about this to a certain extend. But why give Satan the credit for what he has done and acknowledging it? I was wondering that if preachers were able to instill a sense of passion Jesus and maintaining that childlike faith, trusting that He will look after us if we obey to His voice, there wasn't much a need to dwelling deeply into knowing Satan's tattics. I know the importance of being aware of his schemes, but aren't we merely coming out with more strategies to face him rather than spending that time in knowing Him and building a strong foundation in Him, so strong that even the devil himself is afraid to set a plan for u knowing that it will be a waste of time and effort because you are strong in Him. This is something I will ponder on and hope I'll be able to be strong to carried it out. It wouldn't be easy but I guess it's better to try than to give up that passion. The devil will always be there to cause you to feel uninterested taking away your time, giving your other priorities that are less important and causing laziness to come over you. Well, probably that is why I have remain stagnant for sometime or the progress is rather slow. I hope that this year I'll be able to remain discipline in carrying out and maintaining a relationship with Him knowing and trusting He will be there to lead me to where I have yet to carry out His plan for my life.

"Reunion"

After a quick fellowship session with a few people, we quickly hurried to grandparent's place to help them in the preparation of the "Reunion Feast". It was kinda different this year as we decided to have a high tea rather than a dinner, which we have been so familar with for the pass years. Besides that, today was also my lil cousin Shu Vern's birthday. Boy, was she delighted to see so many people on this day and she kept reminding us all of her big day. Here is the list of mouth watering feast that we had indulge ourselves in;

1. Yee Sang (Raw Fish)
2. Yam and Duck
3. Steamed Promfrette (Bawal Putih)
4. Buah Keluak (Peranakan dish which is one of my favourite disher...Yum Yum!!!)
5. Roast Chicken with stuffings
6. Tau Fu Kang (Fake Shark Fin's that includes taufu, crab meat, prawns, eggs and century ethat is all mixed together)
7. Achar
8. Fried Prawns
9. Assorted Drinks (Manage to get hold of Vanilla Coke, not much different than normal coke but with vanilla smell to it)

Looking at this list, it was obvious that we had too much this time. But hey, whos complaining. Just love it all the time when i visit my grandparents place where homecoke food is an abundance. Was kinda feeling alil uncomfortable with so much food stuff into my stomach although I didn't eat as much as I could. So guess what happens when you have a full stomach and its in the afternoon? Well, you guess it right. It's time to sleep!!! Though, it was a hot day but i manage to get some rest. Before I could even had enough time to digest me food, I was already eating again 4hours later as was preparing to go back home and later back to Cyber. I wonder where i got the extra room for it??? It was good to see everyone back although I didn't get to speak with all of them much especially my cousins but it was good to be together and seeing each other. Will chat with them more on Thurs when grandparents house has Open House...

Reach back Cyber around 11pm. Went online to write my blog and also chatted with expressio alil too...What an interesting it has been and also fulfilling seeing the amount of food i accumulated in my stomach. Got to go jogging the next day to shed some fats to make way for Thurs....

No comments: