Monday, January 19, 2004

Another Double Entry In One Posting

As time and space wasn't on my side, I had to resolved to posting my 2 days entry now followed by another one later on today.

16 January 2004

"Short but Memorable"

Fridays for me would be generally busy as I would be having classes from 11am to 430pm with CISCO lab in between. Feels like a kinda routine whenever Fridays come by but surprising today was pretty okay, thanks to Mr. Chan for cancelling the lab for CISCO. So, i manage to grab lunch and also make it back to my room just in time to finish up my previous blog. After my class ended at 4.30pm, I couldn't wait till 6pm as I had intended to jog today due to my not being able to the day before because of rain. So, manage to grab Lincoln as my companion and we started burning those fats of ours. Manage to complete 3 rounds but jogging, with walking in between. Met Chin Yang, Kai Fatt and the girl that i usually see in library studying. Never knew her name but she seem interesting.

After the long jog, it was time to replace back that which has been lost. No wonder I never grew thin. Had dinner with Lincoln, my sis and Poh Yee at HB3. Met Steven and Gloria too. After cooling myself in the shower, I decided to start studying, at least i didnt feel so bad or guilty. Expression invited to go to Mid Valley as expressio had to go and collect a monitor from the PC shop but i had to reject such an inviting offer as wanted to at least try to open me notes and read it. Started with DSP and manage to go for about 1 1/2 hrs but then started showing signs of lethargicness and sleepiness. The time was nearing 11pm and was suppose to go Su Chen's crib to settle some exhibition receipts and claims. After an hour at her house, it was time for me to return back to my crib as was already starting to yawn. I had to leave back to Seremban the next day around 9am.

Just as I was about to get into my car, expressio called and wanted to meet up. Initially I had intended to meet up for a cup of drink but expressio was still down at Mid Valley watching a China presentation. So, was pretty happy that expressio called and that we manage to meet up and as usual, just hang out and "borak".

17 January 2004

"Workout"

Left Cyber around 10 mins after 9. Took a bath, had breakfast, rested for a while and off i went for lunch with my 2 sisters, Julia and Jessica and then to my grandparents house to help them out. My grand dad prepared a list of things to do and boy was it a list:

1. Change cusion cover
2. Shift big table from garden shed into the hall.
3. Take mahjong table from upstairs balcony to the garden shed.
4. Clean the garden of the leaves.
5. Make sure the dining area and hall are always kept clean

Changing cusion covers wasn't so tough but cleaning all the dust and cobwebs from beneath it was tiresome. Had to sun the piilows as well just in case there was some dustmites hiding in it. Accompanying us in our task, we had some golden oldies of Frank Sinatra and Engelbert Humperding. It was really refreshing to hear back all those oldies. Reminds me alot of my childhood days we used to grow up listening to Radio 4 Jukebox section. With all the rock and rap and music that produce more noise than music alone, it was really refreshing though continuous listening could put you to sleep in an instant. Besides changing covers, we also help vacuum the place from all the dust. Boy, was it dusty!

Next, brining down the mahjong. My sister got a shock of her life when she saw so many lizards nesting in the holes of the table and boy was it full of shit. Well "SHIT HAPPENS". After cleaning and bringing it to the porch, we had to next clean the big dining table. After removing the plastics sheets, newspaper and "stockings" that was used to protect it from the dust and lizards, we had to clean it up before shifting it inside. But before we did that, we decided to clean the garden. RAKING LEAVES! Boy, was it a tough job. Raking leaves left me in a state of reliasation that I wasn't fit at all. I was totally drain out after that whole process. Thanks to my grand dad tea time break of tin fuits and homemake curry puff, I manage to regain some strength to carry on this task that I had begin to the very end. After all the leaves had been gathered, it was rather trilling to see it all go up in smoke. The whole pileload of dead leaves were now reduced to a small heap of ashes. We then move the table in as our finale for the day and decided to head back home for some rest and a cool shower. I wasn't sure why i was that tired and due to that, showed some frustration to my sis as well which really got me thinking that I wasn't the only one tired. Guess, I need to head back to a more healthy regime maybe after the Chinese New Year break to work on my stamina. Headed back later to my grandparents accompanied by my mom only as my dad was down in Kl attending a company dinner that had Gurmit Singh as one of the presenters there. Had a sumptious dinner of Assam Salmon Fish, fried Kail Lan Stems, Mushroom Chicken and not forgetting my favourite dish of all time, Buah Keluak.

Came back home and decided to rest early tonite. Guess coming back my best satisfaction would be to rest on my comfortable and just dream the nite away...

P/S : Left out something the other day regarding about CF. As we were discussing out topic that related to international, i suddenly came out with an idea of a program that i planned to start next academic year. The programme that i was thinking was something like a student exchange programme where members of the CF would bring back an international student back to their house for the weekends, festivities or holidays. This idea came about when Dr. Ian told about his experience in the States where most foreign students had foster parents to go to during breaks so that they wouldnt feel so left out. Guess,I hope that by starting this programme we could approach the international students which we have so long neglect and share with them what we have; our cultur, tradition and lifestyle and also learn from them at the same time. Just an idea....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Defensive Driving is essentially driving in a manner that utilizes proper driving strategies to enables motorists to whereabouts identified hazards in a expected manner.
These strategies go well beyond instruction on basic traffic laws and procedures.

With defensive driving classes, students learn to improve their driving skills nearby reducing their driving risks next to anticipating situations and making harmless hip decisions.
Such decisions are implemented based on course and environmental conditions present when completing a safe driving maneuver.
The benefits of enchanting a defensive driving pedigree reorganize with each magnificence, but over again file a reduction of points on your driver’s license following a ticket and the coolness that indemnity rates inclination not increase.
In some states, taking a [url=http://www.floridatrafficinstitute.com] florida traffic school [/url] class can via a reduction of up to 10% in your indemnity rates for a era of three to five years.
Just as the benefits of defensive driving classes reshape with each submit, so do the requirements. While most basic defensive driving classes are four hours long, some can be as extensive as six or eight hours.

In some states, students clothed the option to end defensive driving courses online or by means of watching a video spool or DVD, while other states merely authorize students to take possession of defensive driving in a classroom setting.
The contents of a defensive driving routine are regulated on each style and are designed to staff you based on the laws of your state. Anyway, most defensive driving classes admit alike resemble information.

Losses from freight crashes bring into the world both popular and exclusive impacts.
Approximately 41,000 die annually as a consequence of freight collisions, with an additional 3,236,000 injuries.
Wide 38% of all fatal auto crashes are demon rum reciprocal with another 30% attributed to speeding.

The causes of these crashes, enthusiastic weight and price in dollars burnt- on heap crashes are typically covered in defensive driving courses.
The target of good defensive driving is to reduce the risk of these accidents on correctly educating students to train advice and upright judgment while driving.

On the roadways, drivers take to deal with distinct factors that can affect their driving.
Yet some of them are beyond the conduct of the driver, psychological factors can be controlled at hand the driver if he knows what to look for and how to fondle it.

Defensive driving courses show to cynosure clear on how drivers can vanquish opposing negatively psychological factors such as unneeded stress, fatigue, high-strung agony and other associated issues.
The florida movement kind courses will help you erase points from your license. Additional information will be posted at a later date.