Friday, April 16, 2004

It's been almost a week since i last post my thoughts or things that ive been through. not that i didnt want to or allowed laziness to crip in but because it was quite a hectic week for me ever since my last paper last thurs. dont get me wrong, i aint preparing myself for the next semester but busy with meetings and also a camp to go to. it was really good to be free from exams and once again anticipating the holidays with full of excitement. this is some of things that i have been busy getting myself indulge in.

Finals Finale

It was really a joy to have my last paper of the sem to be finally over. Advanced Computer Archicture was quite okay looking at the question having been taken from pass year. Kinda regretted for forgetting one diagram which i mistakenly took as something complex but found out that it really simple. 10 marks gone down the drain which would inevitably make a difference in my grades for an A. However, I'm quite satisfied that everything was okay and am just wishing that everything will be well. It was also a day of celebration for my sister who finally ended her marathon of 4 papers consecutively. I could imagine the strain to go through a marathon and decided to bring her out somewhere that night just to chill out. But before i made plans for the night, i had the opportunity to have lunch with "The Boys".

Boys Day Out

The boys, i called them are a group of guys (obviously!) that i hang out much and have been close to during the pass year at uni. Although my place of stay may be different from them and we hardly meet up compared to last time when we were staying in campus, the bond is still there and it was always something refreshing to meet up with them. I was brought to a place in Serdang which sold pretty cheap "chap fan". It was something unbelievable, so i decided to prove that statement right. And boy, were they right. Five dishes and it only cost me RM3.20. If i had taken a similar portion back in campus, it would be more than RM5. Though i wouldnt have much opportunity to come here compared to my frens due to the distance here from campus, it was certainly a good to eat something which is cheap, nice and Chinese. After lunch, i decided to hangout the Boys crib down at Putra Permai and just check out what is new. Nothin relatively new just that one of the housemates who used to stayed at the attic had shifted out and i managed to meet with Fui's cousin who is bunking at his place temporarily before he takes his final paper and officially can call himself a graduate from UNITEN. I had also a preview of a few video clips of a Taiwanese show, which was kinda similar to Super Sunday. Fui was showing me a couple of vids that showed a few pretty girls in which every episode, 5 girls will run for a competition that had a theme each. Other that that, i almost puik when he showed me an episode that showed a family who recycle their urine. Yes, urine. They practically use their urine to drink, make popcicle, bathe, wash face and even for medicine. They had bottles of urine which they had kep for almost 10 years. I was beginning to feel really sick seeing this. It was interesting to see how people go all the way to prove that they are different than others. What a disgusting things to prove their difference.

A Visit from Dusty

It was good to see Dusty once again. He had told me his coming a few weeks back on YM and that i was the third person to know of his coming. Fortunately, he came on the day i finish my exam and had time to entertain him. It was surpise to see him rather thin and was even more surprised that he was going on a diet. Guess, it comes a time when you start to be more concern on your outward appearance due to certain intentions. I wonder what. He didnt follow me with my sis to Mid Valley that night as he wanted to meet some people since he was in campus. After coming back, i decided to bring him to Cyberia to meet some people before he left back home. Although, it was pretty a bad timing and some of them still had exam to endure the following day and just brought him to say a quick hi and bye. Besides bringing him around Cyberia with my sis, i had the opportunity to meet two Koreans where one of them he met at KLIA and who was on his way back to campus. It was nice knowing both of them and felt they were really friendly. One i had met before through a fren and it was surprisingly to see how small the world is as each of us are connected in one way or another. Got their YM id's and hope to be able to call them up for dinner someday before they leave in September. I guess i felt at that point of time i needed to pay more attention to the international student and show more hospitality to them as many of them felt kinda left out in one way or another. That is kinda surprising to me eventhough Malaysian are known for their hospitality. Guess that statement was made on a minority of people where in fact in general, Malaysian are still close minded and tend to stick with their own race so to speak. It takes a step of kindness to make a difference in one's life.

The Great Workout

It was time of the year where in campus students start to pack all their belongings and shift them out only to return in 3 weeks time in a similar process of shifting back. It was seriously a tiring experience, bringing down tonnes of stuff we have in our rooms, both my sis and I. it was pretty surprising to see the many stuff we have that we even didnt even know. Like some may say, what we have is about 3 times of what we see. Fortunately, I manage to pack some stuff and shift it out the week before and that already filled the whole car. Me and my sis had to pack some stuff to be taken to Cyberia to be stored as we didnt need to bring it back home and shift it back again. The remaining items were stuffed in the car and brought back home. It was seriously a painstaking process but also one which tested my stamina and endurance, and i reliased how weak i was. My hands were shaking after much carrying and it proved to me that i really had weak arms. Time to get back on some stamina regime and start training for the next big move.

Committee Planning and Meeting

Saturday and Sunday were the two days that we as committees of the CF had to sacrifice so that we could gather and plan for our theme of the year and per sem and what to be done during the first semester. It was seriously an interesting meeting as it was filled with alot of exchanges of ideas that was kinda tense at some point due to tiredness and the unability to reach to a conclusion due to the inability to understand the whole situation all together and go in one accord with one another. I found out during the meeting as i was preparing the concerns of the CF, that most of this concerns had to do with us as individuals and whether we could reflect upon ourselves and recognise that we are apart of the CF and that this are some concerns which relate to us and whether we could take a step and change ourselves first before even speaking about it. Having been in the committee for almost 3 years already, ive notice that many of us tend to speak alot but fail to act upon what we speak. it was a scary thought as i listed down all the concerns and decided at the very end to not speak about the concerns but let the rest know that solving this problems and concerns, we need to check ourselves first. Problems will always be there unless we recognise it as individuals and take a step to change. If not this problems will still be there in years to come and it will merge into the CF and turn into a culture that may break the CF up. I guess alot of this concern brought us all to realise that our current goal is to build the relationship within the CF before we start to reach out. I hope to see that CF will return back to its purpose of existence that we exist as a fellowship and not a church and also to give opportunity to others and to build up new leaders as we move on. As we know, CF doesnt revolve around one person or one group. it revolves around each and every member of the CF. I really hope and pray that we could continue to grow not in numbers alone but grow together and build each of the members up so that we are prepared as individuals for our ministry to the people outside the CF.


It hard to imagine myself spending a night over a girl's house. Not because i wanted to but because i was really tired, due to shifting her stuff to her new place of stay and also from the meeting that i just had. It was something i decided on at the very last minute althought i had made plans to stay over at a friend's place at Cyberia. It would feel odd for other to think that i stayed over and i myself feel funny as well. I will make it a point the next time to return and bunk at someone else place rather than stay over. it would be more better than to cause people to question about my action and allow speculation to arise.

IF Camp

We had to set out early on Monday morning to the campsite. An entourage of almost 10 cars made that trip to the land of Broga which is situated after Kajang town, the place famous for its satay. It was certainly interesting to see cars going for camp rather than a bus, which we would normally take to camps. It does shows how blessed the CF is when most of us have cars to travel with. Unlike the Malaccans, they had to made their way to Broga on the bus. It was quite a small scale camp as many people couldnt make it especially those who were going for mission trip to Sarawak as they had their training in Malacca on the same day as well. The camp committees were expecting about 120 people to come but in the end only less than half turn up. It was kinda disappointing to think about the number, but overal the camp was quite good minus frankly, the inorganised planning before the camp especially about the transportation which was settled at the very last minute. In the end, i thank God that everything work out well and that everyone had a wonderful time during the whole camp. Seriously, this had been the most funniest camp i ever been, thanks to the new bunch of alpha people who would be staying back in malacca who were so hilarious and outgoing that it make the camps so much more fun. I was happy to see this people staying back in malacca instead of comin to cyberjaya. I guess it would be much more beneficial for them to stay back and help out the malacca CF where many have left to come to cyber. Besides that, it was also a tiring camp as we had so many activities which tested our stamina as well as our fear. I was pushed to thepoint where i had to conquer my fear of jumping of the ledge for the flying fox. I took quite along time decide to jump of the ledge, something i fear most, height and speed. But at the very end i decided to give it a shot and realised it wasnt that fast anyway. Other than that, we had fun time building a raft from bamboo and plastic barrels and racing it in a disgust pond which was actually filled with sewage water, BOM the BOX; a similar thing to capture the flag except that we had to bom the box 5 times to finish the task that were listed out in the box, night treasure hunt and also a battle of the cheers which included a group representing Malay, Red Indians, Cowboys and Chinese. Pastor Victor also delivered quite an interesting message although at certain point i was kinda lost due to his jokes that sometimes deviate from the main point of his topic. Overall, it was a fun time and i hope to be able to make it for my next IF camp which would be my final one. Hope that Mission Trip doenst get in the way.

A Night Out With Fellow Serembanians

After recuperating from a tiring camp, i had the opportunity to meet up with fellow ex classmates, mostly from UNITEN for a session of bowling. It was good to meet up with them and knowing that Vishnu and Soon Keong will be graduating and moving on in life. Pretty fast to imagine that all of this had taken about 5 years already and that all of us were going to start working soon. Mine will be in a years time. Time really does flies. And it does when i found out that my last session of bowling was 4 years ago. Althought, I started out pretty well but it ended with me only managing 95 points beaten by both Soon Keong and Yew Cheong who both scored above 100 points. Prince also apart of the 5 man bowling tournament. It was simply nice to realise some balls down the alley into the pins. Should practice more to get my strike on my next visit there. it was also surprising to see many people there even on a weekday and we had to wait about an hour for our turn. it comes to show that seremban isnt a dead town as before.

After bowling, i met up with Terry for a cup of drink and roti canai. It was pretty surprising to have him call me out for yam char, cuz he seldom does that in all my years of knowing him. But, i realise that he had wanted to talk about something. It was a good chat, not the usual chat where we normally crap most of the time but something serious considering both of us knowing about one another situations. I was happy for him coming up to me and letting me some concerns in his hearts. Hearing him out telling about his concerns for me and also what is going through was really refreshing. I guess first of all i had to thank blog for bridging us closer to one another and letting each other know wat we are actually going through. it was good to be accountable to somoene im close with and i told him to let me know of his concerns about me as i didnt mind people coming up to me and letting me things i sometimes myself fail to see. I had known Terry since Form 4 and enjoyed my friendship with him all this years. Though we have been friends for so long, i would say that we have been close with one another this academic year. Close as in we are open with one another and i really enjoy people who are open about their life. Though, Terry and me may differ in characteristics, me being more of the extrovert and him being more introvert. However, knowing each other i felt that we could also be extrovert and introvert in our our different ways depending on situations as well. I would say for now that he is my closest guy friend i have, sometimes i think i can call him my best friend. Thank you for always being there for me when i needed you and thanks for all friendship that we had so far. I promise that ill wont forget you or any of my other close frens which i have, even when i decide to go into a relationship in time to come. I always believe that even when you have a girlfriend, friendship with others will continue and grow. You have my word on this. I pledge elligence to friendship.

Reflecting

A week has pass already and i have two more weeks to look at. What am i goin to do, I wonder? First of all, i would like to take this time to ponder and reflect on what i am going through, mainly about preparing myself to go into a relationship and at the same time building upon the foundation of a solid spritual walk and pushing myself to have a discipline and routine spiritual life so that i may learn from Him and to grow closer to Him so that i may prepared myself for things to come be it relationship or moving on with life and preparing for the working world and also finding out my gift and using it for His glory. The other one would be to prepare resumes to be send out and also to discuss with Terry about our Final Year Project. I hope to not waste my holidays wasting my time at home sleeping and watching TV but making the full use of it all. Only determination and desire will bring to accomplishing my goals for this holiday. Guess, i better start writing it down and have a checklist to make sure i do it and not talk about it. May God lead me and guide me.

No comments: