Tuesday, April 27, 2004

A Trip To KL

Mom had wanted to go down to KL the next day and as the only person besides my Dad who would normally take our family down to KL, I was given the task to do just that. Besides that, my younger sis were planning with some of her friends who were either on holidays or waiting for their intake into colleges or form 6, to visit friends down at the college heaven of Subang. She had a big group of friends down at Taylors doing a variety of Pre-U courses as they prepared to move into other colleges or university for their choice of profession, mainly medicine. I remembered my days at Taylors when I was there studying SAM for 4 months before heading of to MMU. It was one of the best time of my years and a short one too as I was firstly expose with people from different places, coming together in one place to study. It was a culture shock in someways to see people dress up casually to college, some modest while other had a flair to show off everything. It was some sort of a fashion parade, something Taylors was famous of. Pretty girls and cute hunks. What I missed most in Taylors was dressing in a simple T-shirts, shorts and slippers to classes. Simple too casual but thats Taylors. Freedom to do about anything.

As I dropped my sisters and friends at Taylors, it was pretty interesting to see her and her group of friends. Imagine having a group of friends or should i say gang amounting to more than 10 people where most of them have known each others for such a long time. I do see the comparison between me and her or should i say the comparison between girls and guys. I could see that girls are more closer with one another compared to guys and seen friendship as something very important. I do have friends which I have known for quite some time but at times I do questioned the closeness or bond we have with one another. Most of the time we hang out, mainly crapping and really never really knowing one another in a more deeper way. This is one of the difference I noticed between guys and girls where guys are more laid back while girls are more personal when it comes to conversation. It may not be true but this is something I personally took notice of.

A Visit At Grandma's

Leaving my sis behind, me and my mum headed down to the area of Mont' Kiara. What am I doing in a posh place like this? Well, I am off to visit my grandma who stays at one of the apartments there. It's been some time since I visited. Guess, it was during Chinese New Year I guess. When I reached there, I realised that her place had a power failure and there was no electricity in the house. It was quite a good timing to visit her as well as we bought some food over for her to eat. If not, she be probably looking for things to eat around the house. Besides having no electricity, there was no gas as well as the gas supply was somehow tied up with the electricity supply. There, I had manage to catch a glimpse of the Chinese daily that were placed in her living room. Though, I had no ideas what those characters meant, I have always enjoyed seeing pictures as Chinese daily always presented a very pictureque report on a certain event.

Death Is Uncertain

One event which caught my attention was the recent gunning down of a businessman in Seremban. I heard about it through my dad the day before. This businessman was quite famous in Seremban having a string of restaurant to his name which comprise of Meng Kee, a food court in Temiang and a new restaurant near the site of the new Terminal 2. He was also one of the shareholders of on of the most famous restaurant in Seremban, Regent. He was apparently back after closing one of his restaurant in the early hour s of the morning and had just came out of his car in front of his car when he was approached by two man. After a brief confrontation, an argument broke out and they drew their semi-automatic pistol and was gunned down 5 times, 4 in the body and 1 in the head. His wife, who was asleep in the master bedroom heard the loud shots outside her house and went to window to see what was going on. She was shocked to see a car driving off and her husband slummed to the ground. At that moment, she and her daughter was in the house and they called for help from the hospital who brought him to the hospital. Unfortunately, after a brief operation to remove the bullets in his body, he succumbed to his injuries and pass on. The motive of the killing was uncertain and there were many speculation surrounding his death due to his business. Apparently, the incident took place at Taman Punca Emas which was about 4 minutes drive from my house. Another discovery I made was that the wife was related to the mother of one of my friends, who apparently stayed opposite the road leading to my area after seeing her in the picture in the newspapers. Then, it all fitted in why the lady, the deceased and the car look so familiar. I had seen them before. The lady was a constant visitor to my friend's house as I recognise the old green Mitsubishi. I am kind of acquinted with her two songs who used to be in my school last time. I kind of feel sorry for them and also for my friend's family due to the sudden lost. This shows how life is so fragile as one minute they may right beside you and the next, who knows.

A Kid Once More

After leaving my grandma's place and that we were in the vicinity of Sri Hartamas, my mom and I decided to pay a visit to my uncle's kindergarden. I had never been to his new kindergarden before or let alone his new house after shifting from the family home at Jalan Gasing. As I arrived there, the place seems pretty simple or should i say a dull shade of green. There was no fancy colourful signboards outside, something which is common to kindergarden. I had a priviledge to meet with one of the kids parents who happened to stop by to pick up her kid. She was a Japanese. What was more surprising is that I found out that my uncle's kindergarden had 8 Japanese children and I was priviledge to meet the first Japanese kid that came to this kindergarden. Being in an area where expatriates resides, it was a common sight to see foreigners living in that area. I kind of smiled to myself when I realised that she was driving a Proton Waja and that time I was driving my dad's Toyota Altis. Seems like we are swapping roles alltogether as I always thought Japanese would normally support things from their own country. Probably, being in a country long enough, we tend to asimilate to the culture and lifestyle. I would have thought initially that she would be a Malaysian as well considering her the way she carries herself. Well, after greeting both my aunt and uncle, i headed into the house to meet with three other kids who were still there. I had the oppurtunity to meet with 2 Japanese boy and a a chinese girl whose big eyes seem to have caught my attention. Being around small kids always made me transform to a small kid myself. I began doing funny faces and trying to get the attention of the keys by being one of them, playful. The ploy did work as one of the Japanese boy, Yuki began running around me and began to play catch the ball with me. He had just taken a bath and was already drench with sweat. The other two kids were more quiet in nature but their cute faces were so irresitable that I had to pay a little attention to her. I have been fond of kids from an early stage. My uncle who were childless considered having this kindergarden a blessing in disguise as they have the priviledge now to be around kids and at the same time generate income through it. I wouldn't mind starting a kindergarden where the joy of bringing up young kids and nuturing them to be better citizens of the country would be rewarded when we see them succeed later in life.

1 U

Thereafter I headed down to 1 Utama. It had been my second to this huge complexes, some say had outbeaten the likes of KLCC due to its designers shops and Mid Valley due to its floor space. I kind of like the setting of the 1U all together due to its variety of shops and boutiques that seem to strike out as something that interesting and creative. My mum and I split ways as we had different interest and it would be strange to tail her all the way, something which both of us do not like. I made my way walking around alone going from one to another, one wing to the next. It was nice observing people along the way, couples walking hand in hand, family bringing their kids around, foreigners paying a visit to this new place of interest. I didn't buy anything but had the priviledge of window shopping, something which I do often as there werent any interesting to purchase let alone any sale that would cause a further interest. The crowd wasn't that big as it was a weekday which felt pretty good as I dislike crowded areas. I guess out of the shops that caught my attention, food outlets seem to top the list. The decos and interiors seem to cause me to have ideas up my sleeve once again identifying areas which would help build my dream restaurant. I am not sure why food and beverage me but maybe having family members in the business cause that interest to come forth, my aunt have a western American restaurant called Ede's Cookshack at Taipan and my uncle owns a joint that have franchises here and in Singapore called Fish & Co. Besides that, having a grandma who is an excellant and also me having a huge appetitie for food, its no wonder that my interest seems to lie with anything that has something to do with filling up the stomach. Like some may say, "A Man's Happiness is determined by the Pot of his Belly." It's already showing but I hope it doesn't grow any bigger let alone qualify me to be the next Santa in the making.

I was off then to Subang once again to pick up my sis and her friends from Sunway where the were there hanging out with her friends. I made my way to KL city giving a try to new Pantai Expressway after hearing a big crawl at Federal Highway. Althought the toll was a killing RM3.20, I was impress by the it all as it carried me all the way from Sunway to Bangsar before heading on to the City Centre. The elevated bypass all the traffic and reached the city at about a surprising 10-15 minutes before I was obstructed by the jam in the city itself. Its a common sight to be caught in the jam. I had no idea which road to take as I wasnt really familiar with the roads though I had been through roads that lead me to Dataran Merdeka. Thanks to my mum, who happened to be a KL girl, she guided me through it all and at the same time recounting her good old days, pointing to buildings she used to work at to the fellow passengers in my car. They were quite surprise to see KL so happening as we pass by the club strip which comprise of Beach Club and Atmosphere before reaching to the vicinitiy of KLCC. While in the jam, I manage to waste no effort to take a few snapshots of the beautiful city skyline, one hand on the wheel and the other on my Olympus. I reached Phileo Business Centre where my uncle office is at. It was good to see him once again, though he had just finish a meeting about few minutes before I arrive. I noticed that he had a new pair of glasses and was looking cheerful seeing me and my sis while the my mum and her friends waited in the car. I made my way back home thereafter after dinner at the old Paul Street and fetching the "gang" to their respective homes. Dead tired, I stay awake just to catch the last episode of Latte @ 8.

Latte @ 8

I had the priviledge to view out very own Malaysian Talk Show on my current favourite channel, 8TV which was hosted by the super expressive and funny guy Jason Lo from the fame Evening News. After a few episodes, I was pretty satisfied by the way it was conducted although there were many rooms of improvement to be made especially the venue and the way it was conducted. Airing live over at Starbucks Sunway Pyramid, there was quite a huge following to it considering the crowd there. I was quite impressed by the jokes that was presented though most of it was funny, thank goodness and the people that were interviewd was interesting as well. On lineup for the Wednesday show was pretty better than the one on Thursdays though it was the last episode. It featured Sarimah Ibrahim, Too Phat, Butterfingers and Joanne Kam Po Po. It was really funny especially when there were many subtle corny jokes coupled with Jason Lo exagerated expression that cause a giggle or two.

A Crush On Marion

After constantly viewing 8TV recently, I have to admit that I have a crush on the host of 8TV Quickie, Marion. I can't deny to say that it has motivated me in watching when the time Quickie is on hoping that she is there. I admired mainly the way she carry herself. She is so very cool, striking me as a girl who is outgoing and confident especially when doing the show. Her small eyes, cute face, adoring dimples and an irrestible smile have really got my attention. Besides that, I really like her style of dressing and her funky short messy hairdo which seem to be a trademark for her. I felt that her chemistry as a presenter with her co-host Adam seems to be the best ever though she had been with Jien of the Disney Club Malaysia fame and Rina, the ex-member of Intoxicated. I hope to meet her one day as I would think she would make a very nice person to talk to let alone crap too. Other than that, I realise that although my usual fascination with girls with big eyes have taken a different perspective all together as I have began take a liking for small eyes girls as well. I guess the sweet demeanour petite have began to interest me. But putting aside all the physical aspect of a girl, I realise the one thing that tops my liking would be CHARACTER. The way she carries herself with confidence, strong, fun and most of all, cool. No wonder I tend to take a liking to girls who seem to resonate a tom-boyish kind of style. I wonder whether the female part of me of being 84% of the other sex which was resulted from a survey, has taken a toll on me.

No comments: