Thursday, January 20, 2005

Cyber Christmas and Night Of Celebration

It has almost two weeks since this two big events had happened and I would be one of the last that would still be commenting on it. But its better late than never. Well, what can I say. I have been extremely blessed to be apart of these two events that both Cyberjaya and Malacca CF have succesfully put up. My greatest joy was not about the event itself but the fact that God was with us all the time from the moment plans were made to the execution of it and finally the day itself. God had watched over us. Eventhough things may seem realisticly unachievable, God had made it perfect.

I had apart to play for my last Cyber Christmas. Initially, I was not involve in anything due to my industrial training and decided to help out in the ushering. However, I was given the oppurtunity by the CC committees to become the MC for the night. I knew I could not do it alone and decided to rope in Leona. However, she had pretty alot of things at hand already considering the dance and also singing. My next victim would be Jane and I think it went alright, minus the lameness at times. It was pretty fun to be infront of the crowd and coordinating the event though I wish at times I could see them from where I stood. One of the most interesting time was giving out the freebies. It feels good to give out free things to people. Thanks to our sponsors from Opps Asia and Nestle that we were able to do so.

Other than that, I was helping around here and there in the exhibition, cafe and other things that required help. It was good to be among the fellow CFers who all came together to make this whole Cyber Christmas a success. During this time, I also got to mingle with people that I do not have the oppurtunity to mix and also got to know them a little better. However, the best of all was getting to know new people along the way from the night event to the exhibition and the cafe. I met a guy during cafe whom I enjoyed talking with. He was really open and really excited that we had this kind of things. It was good to see people of different faith and race coming together and getting to know one another. I was really excited to hear this from him. Besides, this was coming from a Malay guy. I guess events like this does open doors for people to get a glimpse of Christians in action.

During this whole event, I noticed alot of outstanding people in CF. It was not those high profile and happening people that we usually see but people who were there helping out in any small thing that they could. I was pretty impress to see them and utterly happy to see such servanthood. Initially, some of us in the CF were quite worried about where the CF will go in the future especially when we as seniors leave. There were not many prominent leaders in our midst and even if they were, it was only a handful. I truly thank God that many have arise from their shadows. He was showing to us the potentials that some of our CF members have. I believe that God was telling us not to worry and that He is in control. All we have to do is trust in Him and He will provide.

After the night event in Cyber, a group of us paid a visit to our fellow Malacca counterpart who were also having a Christmas event as well. As I entered the main hall, I was in disbelieve to see all the high tech stuff that they had. Initially I thought that MMU had been given a big budget to spend on their lightings. However, I was then told that the company that provided the sound system for the night actually have them all this high tech stuff. It ranges from synchonize automated lightings to cool looking mikes and a confetti machine. I was dumbfounded. The play lasted for almost more than two hours, one of the more lengthy presentation I have seen. I could see that there was much effort put into it and I truly enjoyed the whole evening.

As I began to compared both sides, I realised a similiarity between both campuses. It was something I had prayed for before it all started and I guess my prayers were answered. I was very happy to hear the name of Jesus so evidently proclaimed for the very first time in MMU. During the past year, we have always been weary and scared to say Jesus in our plays and we come up with various ways to present His name indirectly. Many times I realise, the message did not get through and it would seem like just another play. But, I was very happy to see the Flash presentation that both Chern Liang and Jia Vern put up and also the message from the NOC story that evidently proclaim the name of Jesus among a few hundred to a thousand MMU students. I was like, "WOW", "Praise God". It true that we do not need to be afraid in proclaiming God's name. At the end of the day, we see the results. Everything went smoothly and many were touched by the story that was presented. God is speaking, are we listening? Besides that, the similiarities also extended to the publicity for both campuses made their first attempt to promote the event with placards in the library. Coincidence? Neh! It was just God's way of publicity.

No comments: