Monday, April 18, 2005

CF Comm Retreat

I had my CF Committee Retreat at the place where we would usually have our retreats, thanks to those who are in the comm whose parents are member of. It was the beautiful and lush Country Heights Resort at Kajang. One of the things I like about this place is the houses in this areas. It is certainly a property haven as beautiful bungalows with interesting architecture elements adorned every single perimeter of this place. We on the other hand, did not have a priviledge to stay in any of these houses but settled for something close to it. A resort nestle behind all of these houses. I have been here for almost three to four time.There have been many fond memories of my stay here.

The retreat was meant to be a transition between the old and the new comms. It was a time where we would pass down our aspiration, experiences and lessons learnt to the younger group of leaders. There would be some old faces and also some new ones. It has been an interesting three years for me to be in the committee. I have learnt much from being apart of the committee whether it be a training ground for me to be a leader or to improve my inter relational skills with others of different styles of leadership and ideas.

I must admit that it had been a trying year for me in the committee. It was not all smooth sailing but at the end I manage to learn much from being apart of it, more so learnt more about myself as a person, what i am capable of and my lackings.

It was not much of session based retreat but more so to get to know one another. The time spend was nice and refreshing both for me and the others. One of the things I had a priviledge to contribute to the retreat was to planned some games with Leona. I must admit it was all last minute but due to some experiences in games before, we manage to come up with something interesting for all, I hope.

One the games I was in charge of was called "Boundaries". I had laid a room filled with sharp objects as boundaries. The group that would be playing would need to have a view of the room and then blindfold themselves. After that, I locked them up in a dark tight toilet and remove the sharp object so as to create a clear part. This is done without the knowledge of course. They would then weaved their way through the part from one end to another as I give them directions. This would include telling them that there would be a sharp object beneath their leg in which they had to cross over. It was interesting to see them do in on the dark while I busily in my mind trying to think of what boundaries I should include.

The lesson behind this game is to tell the young leaders that God has given us a clear picture or a vision to looked at. However, we at times we think that we are incapable of fulfilling that vision. This in turn becomes a boundary to us in achieving the goal when it is actually a straight path if we put our trust in God. It may be a long year, one year all together to serve in the comm and one of the essence in doing so is to trust God and have faith in Him to go through all the challenges that are ahead of us. However, one of the sad thing I forgot to do was to capture their adventure through this adventure on film. Sigh!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The new and old committees.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Spotting a disused toilet bowl that I couldn't help myself from taking a shot of myself with it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The impressive kitchen where the famous Haji Samuri satay is being burned.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Makaning at the famous Serdang Chicken Rice shop. From left: Wee Liem, Desmond, Boss and our beloved CF Advisor alias ex President, Mr Kevin Koay

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
From left; Me, Audrey, Wee Liem and Desmond

No comments: