Friday, April 22, 2005

IF Camp : Two Campuses, Penang 2005

This would be my fifth and last IF camp for me. I have been attending this camp ever since I came in alpha and joined the CF. IF camp is a camp between the Malacca and Cyber campus CF, combining every once a year for a camp. This is the place where I had a chance to get to know many cool people from Malacca and it has been a priviledge to see the Malacca campus CF grow through the years. This would be my second time to step foot at Christian Convention Centre, Batu Ferrighi Penang. The last time I was here was during my second IF camp where I was apart of the planning comittee in charge of games. It was an interesting camp back then as a few of our fellow camper actually got baptise in the jelly infested waters of Batu Ferrighi. Not forgetting the jellymans namely Jia Wern and Jason Mok who were beaten by those creatures.

As for this camp, there have been many interesting moment as well. I especially like the games that were prepared by the ever acclaimed sci-fi and fantasy fanatic, Jia Wern who is famous for his interesting and intriguing character based games. It was really interesting to see us reenact Lord of the Rings in the games. There were hobbits running around and Nazghuls in the form of station master running around with roll up papers to kill the hobbits. The scene was even dramatise especially during the call to run back to based camp where they had to weaved through Nazghuls standing and waiting to make the kill as the hobbits race back home.

One of the other thing was the receiving of the gift of Holy Spirit. The pastor who came to preach had extend an invitation for those in the congregration for those who need prayer for this gift. He mentioned that one of the clear signs that a person has received the gift of the Holy Spirit was by speaking in tougues. Now, the CF in cyber are predominantly a interdenominational CF. Different denomination may have different interpretation or belief of speaking in tougues. As I was at the session, I notice a lot of people who were abit sceptical over the whole thing. I had also manage to speak to a couple of them and most of them felt uneasy over the whole thing. This could be due to the different teachings that they had been brought up with. I, on the other hand didn't feel that strange as I am from a charismatic background. However, I understood their concerns and feeling about it. I guess there need to be more cautious or more insight as to things like speaking in tougues as to not cause any confusion to others.

Well, besides that it was quite cool and enjoyed myself.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Getting ready to go to Penang at the Cyberia roundabout.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
In the bus

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Impressing Bilbo

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The big time lady of the camp, Andrea

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A sepet reenaction

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Praising God in Hawaii style

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
One of the picture I took during the treasure hunt. Guess the place?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I couldn't find a thing starting with U. So, I found this. Can you guess who's U is this?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Gone with the wind

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Ayuh, berak mau keluar. Cepat, cepat!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Best dress competition in which I did an Indian dance to win a bottle or Perrier

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me and my members

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Group camp picture, All RED!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me and my sibblings

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The loony camp committee

No comments: