Wednesday, April 06, 2005

CF : The Finale

It would be a sad farewell. A farewell to a place, a group people in which I had called home for the last 5 years of my life in uni. My thoughts were filled with many memories that I had had throughout my time spend in CF. I recollected the day I first arrived and how as a quiet and petite boy, I had transformed into being one of the wackiest and noisiest person in CF. It was something I would not have imagined myself to be. I had begun to uncover myself and who I really am through CF. I cannot thank God enough for helping me to fit in fast and for giving me the oppurtunity to meet so many people through CF whose live have left a deep impact in my life. There are so many people to thank for and it would be an endless entry if I would name each one which I hope I would one day.

The night of my last CF as student started off arriving late for a run through of the items that we as seniors had been busy preparing during the past few weeks. I had a great time practicing and also bonding with people that were going to graduate. We had loads of fun just going through all the items especially laughing at our various attics during practice and watching each other do stupid things. It was extremely great fun. It was nice to each and everyone in 60s attire, the guys in checked shirt while the girls were in floral design dresses or blouses. Each of us were given a small little bow to tie around our neck that was made by Su Chen. The guys wore black and the girls white.

The night started with me leading the praise and worship, the last that I would do in CF. It was a priviledge to lead in worship and I manage to get all the other seniors to join as musicians and backup singers. I started the session with worship songs namely "All Creatures", "I Give You My Heart", "Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble?" and "You Alone". This was followed by the up tempo "Undignified" which I decided to start at a slower tempo. I thank God for giving the right songs to lead, which I was inspired to do after listening to David Crowder Band mp3s' which I had borrowed from Terry.

Food has always been used as medium to bring people together. And yes, we did had food in the CF room as the juniors prepared fried bihun and fried rice. We even had Peak Yin's all time famous dessert, sago melon ice-cream. They really had our stomach filled in the beginning before the rest of the itenaries took place. However, I decided not to eat anything that night because of the fear that I would experience another diarrhoea again.

The juniors were up next where Joshua, Wee Liem, Beatrice, Charis and presented a short skit for us seniors. They gave a distinct difference between students and young working adults. It seems that we as seniors would be bound to loose all the freedom that we could ever have experience in uni such as going out anytime of the day, sleeping late, playing computer games and skipping classes. However, the main difference between a student and a young working adult is the money in which being a student do not have the benefit. Well, guess that is partially true as young working adults seem to be even more careful with their money as compared to students. Working would then make us realise the value of money and how precious it is especially when you leave the father mother provident fund.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The juniors presentation

Next up was the seniors turn to take the stage. We presented a specially choreographed danced by Leona taken from Nat King Coles, "Just Me And You". Leo came in with a song written by him and was accompanied by Terry. Then, it was followed by a skit in which I had a priviledge to put it all together with the help of the others as well. It was about us sending a message to the juniors to move on and to continue serving the CF in whatever way possible after we the seniors have left. I guess a big kudos goes out to Ken who simply spice up the whole skit up with his Hokkien dialect. Then, we did a farewell song from U2's Kite in which Terry lead, accompanied by Leo on the guitars and Leona and myself on vocals. It was a very easy song to play and a nice song to sing which sticks to you. Then, we presented a token of appreciation collected from all the graduating seniors to Charis, the new president for CFMMU that would be channelled to the CF. Last but not the least, we gathered everyone together and had the seniors go around the juniors in which I lead them in a closing prayer.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The serenating Leo Koo
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The freshies scene in the lift

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The graduate scene hanging out in the TV room as the Brainstew girls make their entrance

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The blur scene

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The dramatic scene with me on the floor

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The hopelessly lost junior scene

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The ending scene

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kite

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The seniors being prayed for

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me receiving a lil gift that were made by the juniors

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Presentation of the mock check from the seniors to the juniors (money in another envelope lah)


It was such a memorable night for me personally that I was trying hard to control the tears that were welling in my eyes. There were time that I could contain this tears of joy and sadness. It was such a beautiful time that would remain with me as a memory that I would keep till the day I die. I hope to return back here once in a while to catch up with the people in CF, friends that I had grown to know and learned from. It is such a priviledge to be apart of a CF

Here are some of the pictures which I took throughout the night;

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The "macho" dancing senior guys
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The "chun" dancing senior girls
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The proper senior post
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The not so proper senior post
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The CF Family
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Wong family
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The guy I've been with for 5 years of my uni life, my best dude Jedi Terry
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me and Sister Annette, MMUCF FES Staff Worker whom I had learned much from especially the from the bible study she conducts
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My dance partner for the night, the ever cool and short haired Melisa

Throughout my days in CF, seldom have I taken a serious picture. Jia Wern was kind to remind about it, "Wah, you be doing all those funny faces since Beta. Yeap, 4 straight years of crazy loony faces of me in pictures. I have always wanted to have ever picture that I take with to be different. Making faces seems to do the trick. Here are some captures;

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me, "Choong Han" Celine and me sis
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me kissing Ken nice cute head
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A near locked lip session with Mr. Leo Koo
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me with another Jedi, Master Obi Jia Wern
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Desmond, Joshua, Me and Chee Yong in some kinda "position"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The spastics, Me and Leona
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Such charm that I draw the attention of Leona and Beatrice


No comments: