Monday, August 15, 2005

Medical Checkup

I finally was called for my medical after having to wait for a gruelling two weeks. Things had taken such a long time that I was relieved to have received the call to get it done. At least, its one step closer in hoping to start work as soon as possible. Its been a dread having to stay at home and finding things to do while most of my friends are out there working. Though, some might say, "Enjoy your holiday while you can. You can't find time like this once you work." Thats why I can't wait to find out for myself whether or not life stops right after you enter into the working world.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Counter
I travelled to PJ Newtown to get myself checked into Dr. Newton Young and Rakan Rakan Clinic. It was 10.45am and I had not eaten anything as I was asked to fast the day before. I checked myself in without any documents but found out that my details were already faxed in from my company. The place was decently clean although it was in a quite an old building looking at the structure of the building. To my surprise, it wasn't any of the normal clinics I have seen. This clinic takes up a floor space of three storeys high. Each floor was designated with different functions. I would have imagine that there would be more than two doctors in this facilities.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
First Floor
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Urine Sample
My course of medical checkup took me all together two and half hours. I started out having my urine examined on the ground floor, then proceeding to the first floor to have some documents filled in and also having my sight examined, blood test and overal physical checkup. Then, I proceeded to the second floor for an X-ray and also an audio test where I was put into a sound prove cubicle where I had to acknowledge different sound frequencies. My last and final test was the lung test where I had to blow into this machine which calculated my breath and a chart was drawn up. Unfortunately, I missed by a point to pass but the nurse who attended to me said she would help me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Second Floor
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Third Floor
It was an interesting outing to the clinic for a medical checkup. I remember doing it once and it wasn't as thorough as this. Besides, I managed to meet a person by the name of Wong who works for the same company and he happens to be also a Seremban. It seems like there is so many Seremban people working in KL as well. According to him, there is at least two out of ten people he works with are from Seremban. Its unimaginable to have so many people come out from such a small state like Negeri Sembilan.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I wonder what this is. I pressume its a lift to hand things down from above to bottom

No comments: