Monday, August 08, 2005

MMU 6th Convocation

Early in the morning I had to awake to begin my journey to the historical town of Malacca where I would conclude another milestone in my life, the convocation of my studies in MMU. It has been five years since I had stepped into MMU. In a twinkle of an eye, it was time for me to put on the robe and mortar board, walking up to our beloved chancellor Tun Dr. Sit Hasmah and receive the recognition that was due. In addition to that, there would be two in the Wong family doing that very thing. I would have the honour of graduating with my sister as well.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was an auspicious event for me. What made it even more better was being in the midst of two great leaders of our country, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohammad who came with no recognition or titles whatsoever except the husband of the chancellor and Dato Seri Najib who was bestowed upon an honoury masters in arts. The speeches from both Tun Dr. Siti and Dato Seri Najib was very impressive considering the spoke very fluent English which I found better than their spoken Malay. I was impress by most of liners that Dato Seri Najib mentioned in his speech namely "We should not seek for long term employment but lifetime employability."

It took just a well 5 minutes to get on stage, swap the Touch n Go, have my name announce by the computer, walk towards the chancellor with my face smiling for the camera and shaking her hand to receive an empty box which I would collect the CD later. My words to her were,

"Hi, Mam! A very good speech. Thank you!" Those were the word I had prepared as I got on to the stage. Though, it was just a few minutes but I guess the feeling is awesome to receive this recognition in the company of ur family and friends. However, the crowd in the hall, my comrades weren't that participative especially when one of my friends tried to rally the people in the throwing of their mortar board, which was considered a sign of "I Did It."

It was great to have met so many friends and take so many photos that at times I felt numbness in my face due to all that smiling. Even the rain didn't hinder us from taking more photos. I even went to the extend of going for my fellow FET friends the following day and having myself being stared at from many people as I walk around in my shorts, slippers and robe. Despite the stares, it didn't bother me that much though I was abit paiseh. However, I managed to take alot of pictures with my friends, some I had not seen for a long time and also to get their contacts for future catch up. It was a great atmosphere, thanks to those who graduated and those who came to support, friends and family. Without all of them, it wouldn't have been a memorable day.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

P/s : Stay tuned for more pictures updates

No comments: