Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Cruising Down Memory Lane

The sky was finally clear from a week long of haze that had prevented the hills from showing itself and for me to get to my gear and go on my rounds up the beaten path where I would travel upon to loose some weight. Its been almost a week since I had jog though I was not deprieved of any exercise considering I still had my weekly futsal to get me in shape, I hope. I went about the usual road that lead to a under construction site which had a steep road that encircled the area. Many people had taken the initiative to come here for their daily walks or jogs, most of them twice my age. After completing 3 rounds of jog and 3 rounds of walk, I made my way back as light soon turned to darkness. I was asked by my mom to go the nearby shop to get a few sticks of satay to add to some other dishes that my dad was buying back. After waiting for some time for the shop to set up and paying it in the end, I made my way back. By now, the sky was pitch black and the street lamps were the only source of light to get me back home. Suddenly I recalled my days back in primary school where I would go on afternoon errands to the nearby foodstall to get lunch before I get ready to go to school. Mom seldom cooked and eating out was considered a norm to me ever since I was young. I could recall making my way to the back of the shops to get a few packets of chicken rice which were topped with fried garlic and also wan tan mee. It seems such a long time since I had walk to the shop to buy food ever since I started driving. The walks to the shop had stop and it was much easier to drive there instead. I missed those times and this was one of the chances I had to recall such a time as this.

No comments: