Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Training Week 5 : Leaping Logic

This week had revolved around a lot of programming. My initial thought that I would not be able to take into liking the behind structure of the program turned out to have got me interested in it. I was able to find solutions to various problems through trial and error. It was not easy understanding the concept on the language as at times there were different view points of it, both myself and the program. I learned a lot about understanding the structure of the language and it has got me to be able to think in the same wavelength as to what programmers have been trained to think likewise. This has allowed me to understand programming and slowly take a liking to what I was currently doing. The reason behind programming that had caught my attention is the fulfillment one get when you managed to solve a problem that you had been tiredlessly trying. Your face practically lights up with excitement when you obtained your desired results.

In this week, I was able to improved on the main form by modifying the arrangements of the buttons to solve the delay from one button to another. Besides, I manage to obtain a clean main menu by implementing mouseover at the different areas where there is a possibility the cursor may appear at. I was able to program some forms mainly the six forms under "Register" and five forms under "Settings". The rough layout and structure of the program have already been in place. I was able to link from one form to another and returning to the previous forms by constructing the "Cancel" button and the form unload. Besides that, I decided to maintain only one form on the screen and hide the rest so as to allow the user to only concentrate on one form.
I would be touching on the on the remaining "View" forms and also touch on the program for the other form this week. After this have been done, I planned to show it to my supervisor to review it and asked for their comment. Other than that, I would try to get my hands on Access to construct a dummy database as to fully test the software.

No comments: