Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Movie Series & Celebrities

My leisure hours after work includes reading the newspaper and watching television. These are two of my relaxation activity besides sleep that I do after coming back from a long day at work. It seems natural for me to keep abreast with the latest news that are happening both local and abroad as I pour through the many pages of information that may contain news that are good and bad, short articles that deters me from dozing off yet allow me to update myself with the latest issues or technology and the list of TV programs that I looked forward to everyday to pass by time with. Its been a routine for me to read the newspapers ever since I was young. The other childhood activity would be the TV. I must confess I used to be a TV addict, sitting in front of the idiot box switching through every channel and watching any and every show that comes my way. My desire to watch television depleted every since I entered uni and how spend my time during the weekends to indulge on reality shows such as the now completed Malaysian Idol, Survivor, Amazing Race, The Restaurant, Iron Chef and Queer Eye for a Straight Guy and football matches of my favourite team, Arsenal.


I am not much of a movie series fan. It seems to involve much commitment every day to catch up with what is happening. Besides, one seems to be bound to the chair at a particular time in front of the television every day to watch it. Recently, I have subjected myself to such a routine affair after I started following a new Korean movie on TV called, "Stairway to Heaven". It is dubbed in Mandarin but my understanding is only made possible from the Malay subtitles at the bottom of the screen. The story seem pretty interesting to me. It revolves around a rich girl whose father remarried a famous actress who has two children of her own, a girl and boy who was asked by their poor father to live with his extraged rich wife. Things seem pretty comfortable in the beginning until the true colour of the poor girl and the mother began to show forth. The poor girl jealousy and the mother's selfish ambition caused the rich girl to be displaced by them. The mother and daughter similar evil character began to bring unrest to the rich girl who was constantly bullied by them without the father's knowledge. One of the many things that they did was to disconnect her from her childhood sweetheart who belongs to a very rich company. Besides that, she would also have to deal with her step brother having affections for me and constantly pressurising her to love him as well.

The many events that are twisted within the story had caused the story to be brought forward to their adulthood. Today's episode featured the evil stepsister who intentionally run down her when she tried to escape from the house to meet with her childhood sweetheart who had just return from studying in the overseas. Her injury had caused her loose her memory and it is interesting to see what goes about in the next few weeks. Besides the interestingly web storyline that infuses a lot of emotions, I was also captivated by one of actress who played the rich girl who was bullied. A quick search on the net revealed that she was a 14 year old girl by the name of Park Shin-Hye. I seem to be drawn by her cute angelic face with beautiful eyes that seem to exuberate innocence and humility. It was a characterics that I am fond of watching both in TV and in real life. Here are captures of her in various moods. (Picture courtesy from )


Other than that, it was pretty interesting to see the butler to the rich Korean boy is a Caucasian who spoke Korean. Prior to this series, I too am a big follower of 8TV Quickie in which I admiration for the TV host, Marion Caunter. You must be wondering why am I telling you about my admiration of TV personalities. I guess a pretty face on TV does catch a guy's attention in particularly for me. My other admiration for local TV personalities includes Asha Gill and Daphne Iking. It would be such a honour to be able to meet them in person rather than just watching them on TV. My admiration for them does not only include good looks but their witty and funloving character that I find very appealing in a girl.

Marion Caunter
Asha Gill
Daphne Iking

No comments: