Tuesday, October 19, 2004

My Weekend Part 1 : CF Comm Meeting

I headed down to KL this weekend to attend the CF committee meeting which started at around 9am and exceeded until 6pm. I could not stay until the very end for prayer as I had to travel down to KL with my sis to attend my grandma's 79th birthday. The day started very much early in the morning at around 6.45 am. There didn't seem to be much of a difference compared to other days as I would wake up around the same time to go to work. After a short breakfast, I headed down to the KTM station to make my way to Serdang. The travel would take me about an hour to reach. Shen Shee gave me a lift to Cyberjaya as she was also attending the same meeting as I was. Fortunately, she was staying in Serdang as well or else I would have to wake up very much earlier to travel down and also endure the time consuming bus ride that would take me to Cyberjaya.

The meeting saw most of the committees attending excepy for Peik Yin who could not be around as she had some dinner preparation to attend to. Though she was not physically there in person, she was very much in the meeting as she had wrote a lenghty mail in respond to Leona's previous mail on the agenda and Beatrice was chosen as her spokesperson. It was a relatively long meeting which was something not uncommon. There were some issues that needed more time to discuss and others which were mainly updates about the development of pass and future events. Sister Annette was with us momentarily and needed to leave us early as FES was hosting an International Student Night on the same day. It was quite a fruitful discussion though I had tried to guard my responses in the discussion which I know at times I could get abit carried away and may response in an unkindly manner. I have taken into consideration of my responses and realise that I needed to be more sensitive in responding to someone properly by making sure that whatever I wanted to bring across be presented in a positive manner.

In the meeting, I decided to stress the importance of communication and submitted my plea to my fellow committees to constantly update everyone on things that they have planned and are doing. This is to allow us to be aware of each others progress and activity. At the same time, this would allow anyone of us to respond, to give feedbacks and to pray for one another. I feel this is lacking in the committee as there are many instances where some of us are left in the doubt about certain events that are being carried out. Those who are undergoing industrial training like myself are not aware of certains decisions made or are being carried as we are not in CF most of the time. I just hope that the person who is leading the CF would facilitate in making sure this communication takes place. Sometimes I wish I could help in this area but I am not in a position to do so though we have said that we are equal in status. However, I still believe that each of us are given a part or position to play in. All I can do is to give my views and suggestions and hope that we are able to see in the same light.


No comments: