Saturday, September 30, 2006

Happening Uncle

Got a sudden call from my parents for a meeting with an uncle from US, a friend of my grandfather. Quite an impromptu meetup. Another dimsum session.

We met at Min San for our brunch session. The uncle in a Las Vegas cap greeted us. Dad and mum were up at grandpa's house listening to his stories till 2am. Quite impressive I must say considering my parents would have already head the sack by then.

I had no knowledge that he was actually older than my grandpa. 82 years old. Looks can be deceiving. Clearity of mind. Younger in person. It was amazing to see such a young old man. 28 is what he feels like. He actually had a heart for my grandpa to come and find him by taking a KTM to Seremban. They had been friends since 10. Came along way from being friends to distant relative of ours. Climbing coconut trees, lastik and fishing were some of their memories back then.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One of the other things that I was pretty impressed is that he travels frequently at an age that many of us would not even dare to venture out of our own garden. He would be going to Cambodia in a few weeks time, alone. Imagine an 82 year old man walking up Angkor Wat. Man, I really wish I had that energy at that age. It would be really cool to be able to do all of that and not sit at home and watch Wah LonToi.

No comments: