Saturday, September 02, 2006

OPA 80th Anniversary Dinner

80 years have gone by. The history it had achieve for this association. A school that is almost 107 years old is indeed a milestone. I have not gone back to my alma mater for a long time. It is during occasion such as this I try to attend mainly to catchup with people whom I had not seen since I left school or to keep in touch which I see yearly at OPA dinner. Our usual venue for the OPA dinner at MPS was moved to Royal Adelphi (formerly Seremban Hilton). Parking was horendous as there was no ample carpark place. Food was below par considering costing RM500 per table. The only food that I like were the brocolli and the honeydew mango dessert.



This year would be an auspicious year for the class of 81 whereby it would 25 years since they had left school, a year before I was even born into this world. They had altogether 10 tables out of 100+ tables that night. There was also an OPA bar behind serving beer to thirsty drinkers. OPA dinners are always filled with drinkers who would bring their bottles or XO, Baccadi and Jack Daniels. Some would drink like there is no tomorrow and end up drunk. I was rather appaled by those who took no regards for others by smoking within a contained room, in a hotel ballroom. This indeed show how ignorant some people can be despite having dinner at a better than average place. Overall, it was the same old reunion with cliche songs and exhilarating chorus of "yam seng" in the place.

No comments: