Saturday, September 30, 2006

Walk His Trail

The footstool players. A familiar drama team among the Christian community in Malaysia. I remembered watching their last performance "Let Go, Let God" at SIBKL about two years ago. I had heard that they had previously past through Seremban and hearing of another oppurtunity, I could not afford to miss it. I made my way to Full Gospel Tabernacle, Seremban with sis, Don and meeting Terry there later. There were not many people during the play, I believe about half of the place was full. I guess many had church activities and would not be able to attend. Publicity was not entirely extended to all churches which could be a reason many did not know that they were giving a presentation. I on the other hand could not wait for the show to start.

The drama told of a story of five missionaries who had the desire to reach out the ingenious people, Auca in Ecuodor. This tribe stayed in the inner most part of the jungle and were hard to come by. Many say that they were nurtorious in nature which describe their name, savages. It was amazing how five brave men trusted in God for the Word to be reached to these group of people not knowing that their live will be taken from them, leaving behind their wife and kids.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It was a very sad tale as the drama foretold the story adapted from the journals of these men. The images and clips providing a glimpse to the actual event help to bring the audience back into time to witness the story of these young men. A first for the Footstool players to venture into media. It was not overdone yet it maintain the live drama side of it. I was very much impressed by the narrator played by Dorothy Lee who told the story as Elisabeth Elliot, the wife of one of the missionaries. Her eloquency and voice projection caught my attention. I soon found out that she had graduate from Speech Therapy which clearly explains her perfect narration. Much of the scene were simple. Props were minimal. Many new actors and actresses from various churches seem to breathe new blood to these drama group. I am still impressed how they have grown from a ministry to an inter-denominational drama group. I applaud your effort.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Going back to the drama, it seems like a lost for the five men who died. But their death birth about a revival. The tribe whom they had tried to reach and who killed them began to accept Christ. Their name had been change from Auca to Waodani which meant "people". They had grown and even venture to neighbouring villages to reach out. Some had even died for that cause. The men who had murdered the missionaries were now leaders of the Christian group in the tribe. What touch my heart was forgiveness. The son of Nate Saint, Steve was baptised by the murderer of their father. He even called them"father" and "granfather". How could they forgive the man that had murdered their father? The only answer would be God's love. A love that know no boundaries. I was touched.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Can I have that much courage to reach out knowing that I would die for my effort? Am I strong to forgive my enemy who had done me wrong? There is much to learn and I can only pray for His guidance.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I bought some materials which were available. For those who know me well, I am no reader. Books that I have are either left unread or half read. However, I wanted to read about their experience and how they had deal with the circumstances that had befallen them. Its a start and I hope to start reading more.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



If want to catch them, here are the venues of their new performance;

Sat 7 & Sun 8 October 2006
Full Gospel Tabernacle, Subang Jaya Wisma Eagles, 5 Jalan TP4, Taman Perindustrian UEP, Subang Jaya

Sat 14 & Sun 15 October 2006
Wesley Methodist Church, Klang 4 Jalan Bukit Jawa, Klang

Sat 28 & Sun 29 October 2006
Canning Garden Methodist Church, Ipoh 23 Jalan Keliling, Canning Garden, Ipoh

Sat 4 & Sun 5 November 2006
The Life Chapel, Petaling Jaya9 Jalan 17/21E, Petaling Jaya


For more info on the performance, do check out Footstool Players


For more info on the story, please check out the following links;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

unlock iphone 4
how to unlock iphone 4

My computer's been swamped with popups and it just shuts off by itself like once a day. I run routine defragments and spybot daily, but it can't fix it. How do I get rid of this virus?
unlock iphone 4 how to unlock iphone 4 unlock iphone 4
i have an Dell Inspiron desktop with a wireless adapter already inside it. it was working fine until i wipe my hard drive (system recovery) because it had a virus and now i cant get it to work.i do not have the in stall disc either but i tried downloading the driver, and i went into the device manager and it had a yellow exclamation point uninstalled it but now when i restart my pc it will not pop up to install new hardware and when i go to manuelly install it it there's like five other wireless adapters so i installed them all and it still doesn't work. What do i do? i also dont have the CD for reinstallation, even though i DID NOT receive one when i purchased it , but it still asks for one unlock iphone 4

how to unlock iphone 4 unlock iphone 4 [url=http://theunlockiphone4.com]unlock iphone 4 [/url] unlock iphone 4