Friday, September 22, 2006

What A Day!

An eventful day it has been. Had no idea that I would be able to do all that I had planned out to do. It was indeed a happening day for me. Here are details of my happening adventure.

BMW Art Showcase

I headed down to the city. It was the time for prayers as many congregated at the nearest mosque for the Friday prayers. I was hoping to get myself a space at the RM5 per entry parking near to the KLCC park. However, I believe my timing was not that good and I had to proceed to the KLCC carpark, which I had tried to avoid. Why? Go figure.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


After waiting for my sis from Malacca and having a quick lunch at the foodcourt, we headed down to the gallery. I had initially thought that the place would be adjacent to the Petrosains due to my recollection of my last visit there. However, I found out that it was on the 3rd floor instead. Upon filling out our details and storing our stuff at the available lockers, we proceeded into the exhibition area. I guess my expectation were higher than expected. There were only 4 out of the 15 cars on display. A small exhibition considering that the remaining cars are travelling around the world. Malaysia is the first stop for this exhibition. I wonder why Malaysia. It seems that our facilities are of world class standard considering the space (though I though it could have been bigger) and the temperature control of the area.

The exhibits on display were 1976 BMW 3.0 CSL by Frank Stella, 1977 BMW 320i by Roy Lichtenstein, 1979 BMW M1 by Andy Warhol and 1989 BMW M3 by Ken Done. Out of the four exhibit, the works by Frank Stella was the best for me as the artwork was very detailed although it was just black and white. I guess it was an advantage since it was the first car I saw in the exhibition. The other cars were displayed in pictures. Out of the picture I saw, I was particularly impressed with (check BMW). Maybe it was due to the detail I admire in an artwork and I have always like aborignal arts because of their colour and detail. It was a relatively small exhibition by contrast to the publicity I received. The videos were quite impressive considering it showed the artist vision and steps in transforming that vision on the car.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It was a great combination of art and technology. A marriage between both that was conceived by BMW. Even as we speak, the 16th car is being work on by an Icelandic artist. For more details on the exhibition and the artwork, please visit BMW Malaysia site.

6th HOMEDEC 2006

Upon learning that another exhibition was nearby, I made my way to the KL Convention Centre for HOMEDEC, a local home deco exhibition. I remember attending one in Mid Valley early this year and was impressed by the many products on display. There were many vendors and exhibitor displaying their products that range from home appliances to home deco. This would be an exhbition for interio design enthusiast or home owners who are curious to find what other things that could add to their home.

One of the things that caught my eye which I did not take a pic of was a fan. Yes, a fan. It was not any other fan. It was a fan with projector in it which would display a movie image while the fan was spinning. It was simply an amazing invention for me considering the many water fans we see everywhere at Starbucks or even at the petrol kiosk. Another medium of advertising that media buyers could consider.

Here are some pics of my visit to Homedec.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


One in A Million

Off I went to PWTC where everything seem to be happening over here. Matta fair lah, Property fair lah, Fotokem fair lah, One in a million lah. I guess it could be the cheaper rental rates that had everyone in one place. I had initially wanted to go and take a peek at Matta fair. But without any destination in mind, guess I did not bother to venture in.

However, I made my way into the Fotokem fair where I checked out the Olympus mju 725SW, Nikon SLR, Canon Powershot S3 IS and Canon EOS 400D. I was pretty impressed with the Canon model especially the Powershot that enable picture taking while on video mode.

After grabbing a quick bite, we headed down to the line of people queuing up to get into the venue. Too bad we were not able to catch the red carpet that was a floor below us as we were hoping to get some good seats. Thanks to my sis and Sean who works at 8tv that I was able to bring along some friends as well. We sat at the right side of the stage. As people began to move into the hall, I was quick to notice many local celebrities coming in. There was a row of people from "Gol and Gincu" and "Realiti". There was even a row of people from Fly FM. Marion was simply gorgeous in what I pressume a Tom Abang Saufi dress. Various other celebrities were all in the hall as well. If you are not into local acts, these people may remain unknown to many of us. It was great to see people you watch on tv just sitted near you.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The show started of with contestant from the top 12 giving their individual performances. The top 3 finalist mainly Suki, Faizal and Alif came on stage to perform a group presentation followed by individual performances. The highlight of the night would be Faizal as he blew us all away with a medley of "We Will Rock You", "L.O.V.E" and "I Don't Wanna Be". There were the best songs he had presented thoughout the competition and what better to combine them all in one performance. It was spectacular and had many in their seats stand up for a standing ovation.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


However, popularity and sms votes may not be enough to justify Faizal great performance. He had the lowest votes but manage to succumbt to second place after his impressive peformance got everyone getting out their mobile to vote him in. In the end, it was the Seremban lass who beat the odds of securing one million ringgit. Imagine being 16 years old and becoming a millionaire. She even havent sat for her SPM yet. However, it was a trill to see one of your favourite made it through. I was utterly impressed by her rendition of "Gemilang" during auditions, her explosive comeback after not making it to the Top 10 and her constant number of votes that made her the top on most weeks. It was achievement that lauded great praise. I wish her all the best in her music endeavour and her dream to teach children.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


As for Faizal, I may consider buying your album because of the experience you left us that night. It totally blew me away.





No comments: