Monday, October 23, 2006

Beautiful

The match between Arsenal and Reading was simply indescribable. Speechless. Classic. Beautiful football was indeed witness in this game as Arsenal trash Reading 4-0 with some exquisite team work and passes that exposes Reading defences. If you had missed the match, here is a snippet of some beautiful play.



I could still remember the year when I began to be interested in football. It was the year 1998 after the World Cup in France. My attention was drawn to a particular midfielder who caught my attention and drove me to want to know more about the club he plays for, Arsenal. Emmanuel Petit. The combination of Petit and Viera who marshalled the midfield to such excellance that it brought about the treble for Arsenal.



It was a starting point in my life when I began to be interested in football. Many of my friends were knowledgable in the football scene. Most of the conversation that I had with them seem to align with the football scene. I was indeed lost. The calculation of points in the table. The different position involve in football. The players in a team. The transfer saga that goes about during the open window. These topics were all but jargons to me. It was then I started to learnt about football by reading papers. When Internet came into my life during university, my source of news was to be Soccernet. It was during this time I had undergone a daily informative training of what football is all about which in turn enhances my admiration for the club I adore so much, Arsenal Football Club.

<



Arsene Wenger can be by far the best manager I have seen so far. My admiration goes to a point of his ability to spot raw talent and turn them into superstars. There are many real life stories in Arsenal in which young talents come in and develop into extraordinary players. Its like jagged stone being polish into a gem. I can say no one in the Premier League or even at any club in the world is able to have this gift of spotting talents.

Its hard to state my preferences on my best player in the team considering Arsenal is a team orientated team whereby no one stands out individually but they stand out as a team. By far, my favourite would be Thierry Henry for his exquisite class and ability to create and score beautiful goals and Cesc Fabregas for his ability to fill the void that had been left from the departure of Viera and the ability to fill in any part of the midfield whether it be attacking or defensive. I also admire...



Toure for his all out defensive stature that at times can be a towering effort for most team,
Eboue for his perfect pin point crosses in the deep end that had created many beautiful goals,
Hleb for his intricate move and trickery to go against defence,
Van Persie for his pace and grit to shoot at any chances available,
Rosicky for his lapping runs and shooting ability from afar,
The strong and ever brave Lehmann who have proven his worth as a difficult keeper to beat, minus the antics that he displays that catches people of guard.

The players that I mention are all in their twenties expect for Cesc for is 19 and Lehmann who is 37. A young but matured squad. Players that I hope to see more of is the towering Adebayor in getting the ball in the box, Gallas shift into the middle from leftback of defence partnering Toure for a formidable pair, the rising of Clichy in leftback after the departed Ashley Cole, the emergence of Flamini who had done well as a cover in both midfield and defence, the recovery of Abou Diaby and the rising start we all see in Theo walcott who resemble King Henry.

The more I go on about speaking about the talents that Arsenal have I would not stop. It is evident each time you watch an Arsenal game and irrespective of the outcome of the game, one will always be entertain by team Arsenal. I can't wait for their next game that Arsenal will play whether it be in Carling Cup, Premiership or Champions League. Thanks to Youtube I wouldn't miss any match despite not having Astro.

No comments: