Saturday, October 21, 2006

Happy Deepavali

The festival of lights. The indian community in Malaysia will celebrate their most auspicious celebration of the year. Friends and family will throng the many open houses available where glorious food will be serve. Mutton curry, Chicken Curry, Putu Mayam, Tosei (my favourtie), Capati, Dhal and not forgetting the Muruku. In my deepest thought, I can think of the sweet coconut candy. Yummy!

As our nation goes on a long holiday considering that Hari Raya Aidilfitri will take place in a few days times, office if empty. Highways are jam. Small towns and kampungs will be flooded with people. On the other hand, its the same for me as I am required to work through this festive season so that I can get my break in Christmas and Chinese New Year. Yes, working in IT support does not allow one the luxury of enjoying your festive seasons but I am still able to live with it. Everytime I think of how nice it is to be like the rest to be able to enjoy holidays, I sit and think of those who do not have such luxuries for example security guards, police, soldiers, and promoter at supermarket. It just a holiday. I guess Malaysians are spoilt for choice considering the number of holidays we have. If you stay in states like Selangor, Negeri Sembilan or other states, these holidays amount the most. Some are holidays you don't really need a holiday. That is why I got use to working during holidays. At least I get a parking space in the basement and have the freedom of space and time to do what I cannot do during normal weekdays.

For those celebrating Deepavali, Happy Deepavali! As a token of greeting, checked out Petronas advert. There is also one on Hari Raya. Thanks to Youtube, I was able to scour the site for other Petronas Deepavali ad. Brings back good memories and how these advertisement have developed, thanks to Yasmin Admad flair in telling a story on diversity. Sit back and relax. The Hari Raya ads will preview in the coming post.

Petronas Deepavali Advert 1998 -2001
Petronas Deepavali Advert 2000
Petronas Deepavali Advert 2002



My favourite until this year's advert,

No comments: