Friday, October 20, 2006

A Trip Down Kajang

What to do on Friday? A good question. Guess Fridays is the day in the week where most working individuals like myself look forward to.

The end of the hectic weekday, the beginning of restless weekend.

I decided to take a trip down Kajang. It has been quite some time since I had ventured to this rustic down known by many as the haven for Satay. I did miss eating Satay Kajang in K-town. The famous Haji Samuri Satay Kajang could now be found even other states as well. Though I wish I could got myself a few sticks of the succulent satay, it would be for another day. Join the Kajang lads, Don and Sanny for dinner at one of the local Chinese Restaurant. It was beginning to rain. The town was packed with people wanting to do their last minute shopping prior to Deepavali, the festival of light the following day.

Don then brought me around Kajang town to sight see. Though it was dark and there were hardly much one can see especially when it was raining, it open my eyes to another side of Kajang which I have not seen. Cluttered would be the word to describe. It used to be not as cluttered. Development had caused the town to shrink as building are errated all over the place. We stop at one of the supposedly famous "Sup Daging" stall. A good weather to be stopping for a bowl of soup. The cold trickling raindrops coupled with a steaming hot bowl of 'sup daging'. I've drank better soup before. Maybe it was due to the starchyness that is not up to my liking. All in all it was a good bowl of soup and an interesting conversation with Don. One of those moments when you can have a decent talk. A conversation that is not all the time about lame jokes and crap. A sharing of life, faith and deepest thoughts.

I truly enjoy one-to-one conversation. An oppurtunity to know someone better. Its quite a rare occasion to even have one considering our busy schedules. More to come, I hope.

No comments: