Tuesday, August 03, 2004

A Blogged Day

I'm well into my 13th week of the semester and I have about 3 weeks to go before my finals, that includes this week as well. I have 3 weeks because my exams only starts on the 2nd week of the exam week with a continuous run of papers from 25-27, one for each day. Besides that, I have a java assignment due by this Friday. I downloaded a source code from the net on a Date Selector. Yesterday, I went through it but have yet to determined which part of the program to modify or alter. I am planning to change it into an organiser but have yet to figure out the way in doing so. Hope in the next few days I would find the answers that would allow me to finish it as soon as possible.

Recently, I had started reading "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. I know many have read it already and my church had just finish the 40 days Purpose Campaign. However, I have yet completed my reading but occasionally reading it. Reading hasn't been my cup of tea ever since late primary school. I do not have the passion enough to pick up a book or a novel and finish reading it in a few days. My readings normally comprises of short stories or article, newspaper being my top preference followed by magazines. That truly explains why I have not actually read the bible in entirely in one sitting. I have been trying to start reading and starting on books like "Not Even A Hint" and "The Purpose Driven Life", I hope to induce enough passion to read again.

Yesterday, I decided to do a search on the web about blog skins. I have been contemplating of changing the looks of my blog for quite some time but have yet to find a way of doing so. Time would be a major factor in doing as it would take me a few hours to even update my blog yet alone try to change it. I would have to put the thought aside momentarily and would indulge in this once I start my training in September, where I would have more time to learn up Adobe and try to create my own blog template. I made a search on the web and check out some skins but not a single one has caught my attention. Maybe, I am just too fussy and probably the best option is to create my own designs. It sure reminds me about my shopping nature. I don't seem to buy anything because most of the time, the designs aren't too my liking and if they were, the price who be exhorbitant. So if you notice, my wardrobes have not change a bit for the couple of years. Spending in clothes have never been something I look forward to although I want to. Guess, a change in style and clothes is needed when I start working and earning money that would allow me to spend. Both my sisters would be delighted of such a time as this.

Anyway, I came across a pretty interesting blog during my search. The interesting part is its horizontal layout and retro designs. I have a liking for retro; bright fancy colours, interesting creative designs. Check it out and let me know if I have a good sense of designs or not.

may*star: girl + designs

Other than that, I came across this article that was forwared thru Yahoo and it got me thinking.

No comments: