Tuesday, August 10, 2004

House Of Flying Dagger

We made our way to the tutorials hoping to attend the last tutorial for the subject that must of us dread to attend lectures, Computer Security and Disaster Relieve. To our dismay, no one seems to be around but just an empty room. A few of us of similar fate were beginning to gather at FOE foyer. I met Khang Yee, Terry, Fui, Vincent and Lance there. Since there was no class, we decided to head out campus to have a decent lunch, considering the limited variety in campus. Besides that, Terry had suggested earlier that he was planning to catch "House of Flying Daggers" which opens today. One thing lead to another. The six of us decided to head for lunch and to preview the movie at Mines. Its been some time since I had an outing with this people whom I have known so long. We used this quite often last time. So, it was quite an interesting gathering.

It was my first visit to Mines TGV even after almost 4 years in this area. My usual movie hangout would normally be GSC USJ Summit. This was because of its THX cineplex which was the nearest to travel to compared to Mid Valley or KLCC. The layout of the cinema was pretty interesting considering the interesting trail that lead to the toilet. It was a like a going through a secret tunnel that turns from side to side before actually reaching the toilet that had a view of the traffice outside.


Being a typical banana who had no understanding of Mandarin, I had to depend on the Malay subtitle at the bottom that was hard to read. Fortunately, I was not alone as Vincent accompanied me. The show was spectacular in the beginning; nice props, beautifully designed costumes with intricate designs, very well done kung fu choreography and well taken cinematography. It was a sight to behold when the luxious Zhang Zi Yi came into the scene. She was simply gorgeous especially in the beautiful costumes that seem to give her a very feminine yet strong personalilty. On the other hand, Takeshi Kaneshiro would simply give chills to the girls instead. The story and plot was well done until the middle part. Then, catastrophy happened before my very eyes. The entire climax of the movie seem to drop instantaneously thereafter. It was a bad ending or should I say, a lame one. If the ending would have been better, I would say the movie would have been excellant. Whats the points of having a good beginning and end it badly because a general audience would normally remember that latter. I was expecting a meetoff between the government and secret society that would see either side loosing the battle and maybe bidding farewell to another. A nice show to watch in the beginning. Shall wait patiently to see how our local produced biggest budgetted movie, "Puteri Gunung Ledang" will fare.



Before leaving Mines, I made my way together with Khang Yee to shop for a pair of sports shoes. I had meant to get one but never saw suitable one. It would be too nice to be expensive, too cheap to be ugly. A hard choice to make especially when you are one who like to get the best of things at the cheapest price. I could agree that I am "kiam siap" or stingy pocker. Spending on clothes or things has never been my preference. However, spending on time and food seem to be an option that I would take. I got myself a cheap RM80 white Bata Power shoe for jogging. It isnt the best looking shoe in the shop as compared to Nike or Adidas but it was the best option or choice that I could afford. It would be heart wrecking to buy an expensive and have it stolen or torn.

I left Mines thereafter and headed to the famous "Chi Pau Kai" or "Paper Wrapped Chicken" near Mines to buy some for my aunt whom I would be visiting later on. Lance and Vincent made a stop as well to get some out campus food. Fetched them back to campus and picked up my sis as we travelled down to Kota Kemuning to visit my aunt. We went there intentionally to return her camcorder which she loan to my sis to used for her project. My Aunt needed it back as she was goin overseas for holiday at the end of the month. We had dinner there and also chatted a while with her and at the same time played around with my cute and naughty cousins who were running around and asking me to play with them.

It was simply an interesting Thurday. Imagine what I would be up for the following day.


No comments: