Thursday, August 12, 2004

Wacky Wednesday

Nescafe & 8TV Carnival At MMU

Mice in the Skeletons
Wall Climbing
Sumo Wrestling
Free New Chewing Gum by Cadbury
Industrial Training Briefing
Almost the whole of Epsilon gathered at XR1002 to be brief on our industrial training which we would be going for in the following. I had taken my log book (engineer's version of a diary) and the uni offer letter the day before. Dr. Teo came to brief us instead of the dean, Dr. Chuah who was away on official business. The whole lecture hall was packed and everyone apparently pass by HB3 or Central Plaza as almost everyone was chewing on the free chewing gum that was given away, even Dr. Teo himself. He brief us on the log book and what to do when working in the assigned companies. The entired briefing took about 15 minutes with an additional 15 minutes of questionaires from the floor. It seems everytime Dr. Teo speaks it would be a full house. I couldn't help but find him pretty funny as he resembles a typical ah pek who could crack a joke or two.
I came across a site that my churchmate, Jocelyn had recommended to me. She has been glued to it ever since she got her broadband. For those who have the same interest as me in lifestyle, home deco or interior and have a sufficient enought of bandwidth to view it, do check out MSN Video for some cool short clips.
I had initially planned to watch I Robot with Terry and Khang Yee but I decided to pull out as I was feeling tired and wanted to do some studying. Furthermore, I was kind of lazy to travel out and at the same time had little fuel in my car. I ended up downloading the movie and watching it in the comfort of my lil hostel room while indulging on Chicken Chop and a packet of fries from HB1.

Movie Title : I.Robot
Cast : Will Smith, Bridget Moynahan, Alan Tudyk, James Cromwell
Plot Outline: In the year 2035 a techno-phobic cop investigates a crime that may have been perpetrated by a robot, which leads to a larger threat to humanity.
My Rating : 4.5/5

I would have to say that eventhough I watched it in my comp the VCD version of this show, I would have to say that this is simply a very very good show. Imagine what it be like if I were to be in a cinema watching the special effects and hearing the cool sound effects on big screen. I truly enjoy the storyline and how it interconnects with an old storybook tale, Hanzel and Gratel. Leaving breadcumbs that would lead them back. Will Smith simply exuberate a very cool yet sarcastic demenour and I would also say that Bridget Moynahan was interesting to look at. The intensity and action in the drama especially the depiction of the humans versus robots was well displayed. Sunny, the modified NS-5 was the icon of the whole movie. Imagine a robot that had feelings. He also had the choice of not obeying the 3 laws set aside for the robots. There were many similarities to other movies which had been made before namely A.I, Minority Report and Matrix. I was pretty much captivated by the Audi and also the other elements of tech gadget on display. In the whole movie, the tagline that caught my attention was the hologram of Dr. Lanning which said, "My intelligence are limited. You must ask the right question." How true it is in life that at times we ask the wrong questions and not get the right answers.

Pictures courtesy of IMDB
It was time that I started on my studies after an exciting show. Manage to read up a little on my Java, Exception Handling though at times I was kind of distracted by my roomie watching Van Welder : National Lampoon. A fun but crappy show.

No comments: