Thursday, August 19, 2004

So Much For So Little

Mom came down from Seremban via the KTM Komuter to KL. Her visit was to get the tickets for our trip to Kuching at the end of this month. The trip was an impromptu thing as my parents just told us that they wanted to go for a family vacation as it was the holidays and they wanted to make it before I start my training in early September. Its a pity that I would not be able to make it for CF Camp which start on the 29th. However, I am planning to make a short trip to PD just to get the feel of it before I leave on the following day.

I can't seem to wait for the holidays to begin. My trip to Kuching has been much more earlier than expected. I was planning to make a trip down there after I graduate next year in time for the Gawai Festival and also the Rainforest Festival. Besides that, I would want to pay a visit to my dearest "big sister" Purdey. Now, my visit to Big sister is so much earlier and to be able to have a preview before my official trip to Sarawak next year.

The big Mega Sale that is happening all over the country had started in the late months of July and would be ongoing till end of this month. I didn't think that I would be able to go for any of them. However, things change and I manage to pay a visit to Isetan Lot 10 after visiting the MAS office in central KL. I had initially decided to pay a visit to Bently to get some drum sticks and since I was around the area, mind as well kill two birds with one stone. I was shock at the things that I got after the two hours visit to Isetan. Knowing that I am a person who is very thrifty in my spending when it comes to shopping, I couldn't believe that I manage to get quite a lot of stuff. The reason behind my spending spree was it was an offer not to be miss.

I got my a pair of Adidas running shoes that was retailed at RM300 but had its price slashed into half, a cool T-shirt from Plastic with a logo that reads "Chairman of the Board" and two drum sticks (a Japanese Oak Ka Shi TAMA 7A & a signatured Mike Portnoy (Dream Theatre) Millenium II Pro-Mark 420). There were some items that I didn't get to buy one being guitar strings (didn't know the number for the strings) and a Nike fisherman cap that was only RM34 (retail at RM69). It wasn't an easy task getting myself to get all this things as I needed to go on more than two or three rounds to decide on whether to get it all of this things or not. I don't why but I was have tough decision when it comes to buying things. Sometimes I wonder whether I am merely choosing to save money and sacrifice my earthly desires or am I just being to fussy about things not being perfect enough to purchase. I always search for the cheapest, the best and the most useful product in the market, which is hard to come by. However, at the end of the day, I am happy with what I had bought.

Plastic Shirt, Adidas shoe and 2 Drum Sticks

Besides the shopping, I managed to catch a glimpse of what was happening outside the shopping mall when I was walking over the road from Bently to Lot 10. There seem to be a street carnival going on. Stages were being set up for some kind of display and I was fortunate to catch a group of musicians in actions outside Lot 10. There were playing familiar tunes with various kitchen utensils besides being accompanied by a guitarist and bassist. People were starting to stop by to witness this interesting group.


The English Premier League fixtures has begun and it was a sensational opening to the season when I witness my favourite team, Arsenal thrashed Everton 4-1. The Arsenal spirit is still in the hearts of the players even with a few new faces on the pitch. May Arsenal continue to maintain their unbeaten record and capture the League title once again.

GOAL! The feeling to finally score a goal after 4 sessions of futsal was undenialbly amazing. I realised that I am more calm and compose compared to previous outings. My footwork is getting better although I believe there is more to learn. There have been many chances in front of goal and many times I miss those oppurtunities to score. Guess, it takes time to get comfortable to a certain game. I am beginning to enjoy football a lot more. Besides, the weekly futsal meetings keeps be in shape in one way or another.

Weekend is here and I have decided to spend a week back home. It was a spur of moment kind of thing as I initially wanted to be back in campus to prepare for my exams the following week. This was because I would have thought that studying at home would be a major struggle looking at the comfort and distractions that are at home. However, I realised that the difficulty to study is not influence by a place alone but by the desire of my heart to do so. I decided to give it a try to study and make myself believe that I am not studying for myself but for someone far greater than me. I guess this is the only driving force I have right now to study at home. Its going to be tough but I believe that I needed to change my mindset in terms of studies. There has been some progress today and I hope my engine starts churning and get fired up till the day I start my exams.

No comments: