Monday, August 23, 2004

A Week Of Absence

Its been almost a week away from this desert land, back in the comfort of home where food is applenty and sleep is in abundance. It has been a very much relaxing week for me as I stayed home alone while my two sisters were preparing for their examinations. Mine doens't start till the end of next week. I guess the young shall becoming first and the old shall become last.

One of the reason I decided to stayed back home was because of food. I describe Cyber a food wasteland. Alot of the stalls in campus have closed for no apparent reasons. However, many illegal stalls have sprang up long the road near Cyberia giving an impression of a night market in progress. Many people can be seen getting the nightly fix of supper. I can still remember the first stall that set camp along Jalan Multimedia. It was a van selling nasi lemak that was operated by one of MMU security personel. I have not seen the van any longer. What I have seen is a myriad of new stalls selling things from food to shisha to VCD. However, I just heard recently that the local council paid a visit due to a tip-off, supposedly from the mamak shop in Cyberia and summoned them all.

Back at home, I spend an enormous amount of time sleeping. Bed has seem to the best place to study and doze off as well. One of the motivation is due to the countless interesting and weird dreams I had. No wonder they call me Joseph, the dreamer.

Despite the comfort, I had manage to study a relative good amount to prepare myself for the exams. Though its quite normal to procrastinate knowing that your exams is still along way to go. We normally get all geared up when nearing the exam dates. Guess, its a natural driving for us to get serious with work.

Its been an interesting week, a week of comfort, a week of mugging behinds the book and a week of maturity. Maturity in how I view life is. I realise how innocent I am to what goes around me. There been many times I ask myself whether I up to it in facing the world out there. Up to making decisions on my own without my parents concent. Able to support myself without my parents supervision. Have I really matured and grown up? I doubt myself at times because decisions that I try to make for myself at times seem to not have my parents blessing. Coming from a protective parents, I questioned that a lot. I know that every decision they have for me is for my own good and for my benefit. At times, I disagree with their suggestion yet choose to obey because I know they want the best for me. How long would I need to wait to receive their blessings? What would I need to do to earn their blessing?

No comments: