Thursday, August 12, 2004

Ludo

Tonight was going to be the last CF meeting for the semester. I was given the task of planning out the evaluation of the entire sem. The task was given to me quite a while ago but I never did ponder upon until the last 2 weeks ago. I wanted to do something different besides the normal kind of evaluation session. Mainly, I wanted to be creative and at the same time drive a strong message through. Hours of thinking and imagining seem fruitless. My initial idea was to have a monopoly session that includes topics of what we had done so far this semester. However, I couldn't seem to drive a clear message through. I said a simple prayer and ask God to give me some ideas on how to organise this evaluation.

On the next day, I woke up for prayer as it was the last one for the sem. We officially announce World Student Week and have decided to pray for Sunway College for this sem. Besides that, my fellow room mate, Chris shared about his time in MMU since it was going to be his final sem. After breakfast, I came back and set down and tried to think of how to prepare for tonights CF. Suddenly, the though of an old game I used to play before when I was young came into the picture. It was a game called "Ludo" (I only found out after making some research on Google.) I decided to download the rules and some software to try it out. After half an hour, I suddenly felt the urge to answer to a very Big Business. Of I went to clear some workload, and ALAS, a message to connect to the game struck my mind. I thank God for His revelation. It seems to me that the best places to come up with an idea or though is when I'm discharging. Output allows input.

Off I set out preparing the slides for it. I asked Leona to do a wrapup of the whole sem. Besides that, I decided not to go about printing forms for people to evaluate what had happened but do it in a more personal way by conducting a forum or a discussion.

I started out the game and there were alot of confusion and it took a lot of time. I was changing the rules and regulation of the game ever so often just to get more people involve in it after seeing many sitting down aimlessly without much need of participation. It was beginning to get a bit boring and decided to end the game as soon as possible although no one did manage to go back to home base. Then, I began to explain the implication of the game and why I did it. Here is a brief roundout of it.


The game is divided into two areas;
  1. The inside of the board = Christians
  2. The outside of the board = non-Christians

The inside of the board is further divided into two areas;

  1. Inside the track = fellow CF members
  2. At home = fellow core CF members

The main objective of the game was to get everyone back to home. The dize signifies the different obstacles and chances in life. When we roll a six, it means we are able to obtain a pass or invitation to join into the track (CF). We are able to move nearer to the home everytime we roll the dize. A higher number, a further distance. I added another rule that is if we roll a two, we need to go back two paces. Sometimes, we get discouraged in CF we move away from the home. As we are in the track, we would have competition. Some will rise, others will fall. We would be kicked out at times or blocked by others. Those who are kicked out would be those we do not see in CF any longer. For some, we are blocked by circumstances or even people from moving on in CF. During the game, I noticed a lot of commotion between people in the track and out of the track. People out the track doens't seem to be getting into the track even after much persuasion. It shows that at times we find it difficult to ask our non-Christian friends to come for CF. All in all, the game ended with no one getting back to home. Are most of us currently just staying in the track and not reaching home? Are we at home yet?

This academic year we are focusing in building one another and caring for one another with God love. Building the CF once again. In like of the CF, I did mention before that there arent many new members and the current attendance are dwindling. How are we to build the CF once again? Is each one of us taking hold of the CF and proclaiming it as theirs. I really do want to see the CF back and alive again, just like the good old times, especially when I was still a junior. Someone mention in my group during the discussion that there must be more interaction between juniors and seniors. I guess its time for more action and less talk that we are able to bring CF back together. My training next sem would prove useful and would allow me to fellowship more with the juniors.

No comments: