Wednesday, August 11, 2004

FORM

Patiently I had awaited for this moment. So much enthusiasm and expectation. It would be a first for me to attend an excruciating Intervarsity Christian Fellowship Rally. Previously in my secondary school, such events were rare. That was because my school CF was not as active as it should be. Poor turnout was the main reason for its inactiveness. Learning that there would be such an event organise by FGA, I couldn't miss such opportunity.

Everyone began to gather at HB3 at 5pm. However, the wait was excruciating. We were there for almost 6.30pm before we left for FGA. The bus was seemingly going from one campus to another fetching them to the venue. We apparently had to share the bus with UKM students. I was glad that a number of CCF friends manage to join us in this event. Besides that, I was glad too that Fui and Khang Yee decided to check it out as well after they were invited by Terry. It was good to see two of my non-christian friends opening up themselves to such an event.

We reached and was ushered to an open space where food was served. I didnt eat that much as I was not hungry. Khang Yee appearance was a surprised to one of his ex-classmates from BM. There were not as much people as I had expected it to be. It was a similar number to what FGA Sunday evening service normally is.

The rally was opened by the Heartbeat band who sang a couple of songs from their current album and a new song. It was a shrunk down version of the Heartbeat band. Their opening act was a bit disappointing as they didn't manage to bring out the best of Heartbeat. However, I do agree with Terry that there was a particular girl that stood in the band. I would say that there were two. I couldn't agree to him that I like her voice. However, her pesona on stage did make me picture a Taiwanese pop star. Cute, sweet and pretty.

Next, it was time for the much awaited band from NZ, Form to come on stage. It was a 5 piece band. The music was tight. However, they didn't seem to appeal to me much as compared to Desperation Band who perform at FGA a few months ago. They apparently looked like a bunch of enthusiastic band. I could single out the bassist as being the most high member of the band, jumping side to side, running up and down the stage. The lead singer, Pastor Brian gave a message thereafter. It was more of a testimony and I would say, less inspiring if I was a non-Christian in that hall. There was hardly anyone who responded to the altercall. I felt pretty awkward when Pastor Daniel came on stage to encourage the crowd to come in front. For me, coming out for altercall should be something natural and need not to be coaxed or forced in doing so. It should be something that is genuine and you really feel that the message has spoken into your heart and you come before God to ask Him to help you in a particular that He has highlighted. If not, coming to the alter would just be an action we do so frequently that at times the impact of coming out to the alter becomes less impactful.

It ended pretty early around 9.45pm and we made our way back to campus. The journey to and from FGA was amazingly long and tiring. We had to travel to UKM to drop the students there. For me, the journey wasn't that bad as I manage to come up with my mischief and made both Michelle and Celine my victims. It was an interesting conversation that brought about laughters, although Michelle tried her very to make us laugh and congratulate her for her effort. I then decided to go out for supper with some of the people in Dengkil and it was a certainly a nice fellowship to end the night with. All in all, it was a good idea that needed to be planned out well so as to gather more people and to make it a successful gathering between local universities and colleges. A first time for FGA and I can't deny that they have learn much from it in terms of organising. I truly thank FGA for their effort though in my mind, I was pondering the effectiveness.

Hearbeat Band
Form
A group picture

No comments: