Thursday, August 05, 2004

A Presentable Day

I woke up late this morning although I intended it to be earlier. It was a tiring night and rest was needed t get back the strength after spending long hours changing my tyre. My early morning intention was to attend my fellow peers who were going to present their FYP Part 2. I wanted to see what was going on so as to prepare myself for it when my time arises and also to view other people project which I deem interesting. The presentation that I wanted to see was the one by Li Kai and Kok Hui on "Wireless Modem". I was late and didn't manage to see them present. However, I manage to get some details from Su Chen who mention that their presentation was impressive. They were able to transmit a call to the receiver through their self-built modem and had an software interface that was able to capture the information send my one to another. She even said that the moderator, Dr. Fabian Kung (a very strict lecturer who you wouldn't want to have as a moderator due to his indepth questioning) was impressed by their work.

As I was already late and couldn't find other presentation to attend, I decided to travel to Dengkil to fix my tyre. The place was empty and I didn't need to wait that long to get my deflated cracked tyre to be replaced with a brand new Goodyear tyre. Besides the tyre, I had to replace the air tube and also one of the tyre screw (out of proportion after a night of trying to get a grip on it when loosening it). All in all, I spend around RM165. Got a discount of RM1 after the guy took pity of me from my night ordeal.

I went back to FOE to attend Kuong Lim's presentation. Their title was "GSM/PSM Phone Detector". It was an interesting title and they had their hardware on the table to be seen. However, due to some problems they were unable to finish their project and present it to the best. A demonstration would be good to show that the idea works. It was a pity that he was questioned continously by both his supervisor and moderator. I didn't feel it was right for the supervisor to question on his slides right in front of his moderator although his mention was honest, abit too honest. It was good for me to see this type of scenario so as to prepare myself for Part 2. I learned that it would be better if a demonstration was presented, a slide presentation that only highlighted what was done and achieved and confidence in presentation. The order of the presentation was also important and making sure you answer what you know. Never try to crap your way through. The moderator and supervisors defintely knows more than you. Just be honest.

Came back to my room feeling tired and didn't manage to really do my programming until about an hour before I decided to leave for CG makan. Tonight, BLUR and CHUP would be coming together for a special reunion dinner. The thought of saving money and going to a more cheaper place came to my mind. Some were pretty worried that it would be too expensive and we didn't want to discourage them from going. The initial plan to go for buffet steamboat BBQ at Talipon was changed to a Chinese Dinner at one of the restaurants in Serdang, the same place we had out Cyber Christmas Reunion Dinner two years ago. There were about 17 of us and we had 6 dishes in 2 separate tables. The menu for the night was Yam Basket, Tilapia Fish with Sauce, Kangkung Belacan, Lemon Chicken, Pineapple Stir Fried Pork and Mango Taufu. The portion was enormous, the food was excellant and the price, abit pricey. The bill came out to about RM281 and we had to split it to about RM17.50. Guess, the initial idea would be better and more cheaper in a way considering it was buffet. Well, the fellowship was great and we came out with alot of witty topics to talk about that includes Ragnorak Online to human delicacy. Abit sick right. EeeWww!!!

CHUG CG
BLUR CG
The Return of DUH CG
Besides that, I realised something today about myself that I was pretty ashamed of but am asking God for strength to go through a time of reconcilation. It was good to talk to one of my accountable friend about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.