Wednesday, November 10, 2004

A Boring Day!

It was a very boring day for me at the office as my work was halted when my computer began to show some abnormalities. It was a similar case for my laptop as the decimal places were missing, the year in the date/time box could only be changed to 2099 and my VB program including my Access Database had been distored or missing some elements. I had gone to a few people to ask for help but nothing could be done at the end of the day as I had to wait for the installer to be given to me. Bored as I may sound, I decided to do something with my time by surfing on my supervisors computer.

Time seems endless in the office when you have nothing to do or you could not do anything even if you want to. I took this time to visit Friendsters and began messaging a couple of people that I had not keep in touch quite a while. I realised that I had not spoken to some of my friends for quite a number of years, some as long as the day I left school. I was surprised to find out that some had gone overseas to study while some had shifted places of stay. Besides that, I spend some time also going my address book on my mobile and began messaging some that I had not been in contact with, hoping that they did not change their number. The response was essentric as many of them were surprised to have received a message from me after all this years. Those who replied were June whom I was closed to when I was in Alpha and Gerry who used to study with me in Taylors before I made to switch to MMU. It was good to hear from them although it was a non-verbal communication.It feels great keeping in touch with friends.

No comments: