Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Friendship and Hurt

At the end of the day, I had realised something. A good relationship requires both parties to make it work or grow. Many of us including myself had placed upon ourselves various reasons as an answer to a broken or failed relationship. One of them is distance. Distance seem to place two people apart from each other. Many friendships have been lost because of distance. We looked toward people who are near to us yet forget those who are far from us. There have been many people whom I had cared for and who were close to me. Many have fallen out because of distance. Friendship is a beautiful relationship yet at times it is cruel and selfish.

It reminded me of the relationship between God and His people. An infinite being who we see as being far from us and most of the time forgotten, Yet, He is the closest person to us and stands right beside us whenever we are alone. I had been thinking a lot about friendship these days. Friendships that would remain with me are those where both side contribute to a relationship. Communication is the key to a relationship. Friends are those who are able to sit down with you, have an open discussion with you and makes every effort to keep that relationship stronger even if it seems to be headed rock bottom. I need to find such friends and be that friend. The first would be Him.

I hope to bounce back this week and forget what had happened the week before. Hurts will still be remembered yet hurts builds us up to be a stronger person.

No comments: