Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Walk Through the Old Testament


I attended a seminar "Walk Through the Old Testament" during the weekend at church. It was a seminar organised by World Teach and was conducted by Mr. Eric Tan from KL. Initially, I wanted to attend this seminar but the price of RM45 left me to make a second thought. That thought never did came and soon, I had quite forgotten about it. In the end, I managed to attend it as I had to replaced my mother who had fallen ill the night before. I guess I was destined to attend it in the end after all.

The seminar lasted almost the whole day as the session went from 9am to 5pm. Tea breaks and lunch were provided. As the session started, I was wondering how on earth would we be able to walk through 39 books of the old testament in such a short span of time. It was hard already to read the Old Testament and like many, I too had stopped reading when I reached Levitcus. However, we were not going through chapter by chapter of each book but going through some of the main events that occurs in these books. During the session, we were given a very colourful book that had the details of the seminar and also a 30 day guide in walking through the Old Testament that we could individually take on.

Walking through the Old Testament was simply interesting as we went through most of the main event of the Old Testament. We were taught actions from every book that we could remember and practice so as to go through the Old Testament with more than 70 actions in under 3 minutes. There were songs that we sang along and most importantly, the constant practicing of the actions that makes us enjoy the session even more. We were also made to travel from one to another place by refering to a life size map that comprise of the participants who were present at the seminar. I had a priviledge to be part of River Jordan. It was fun to see everyone participating and enjoying the walk through and at the same time learn about the Word. Each session left us in stitches and it made reading the bible even more fun.

After going through such a wonderful time, I hope to bring back what I had learned from this seminar to the CF or CG where they could benefit from it. I hope that this would help them in getting them excited in reading the Bible and enjoying every minute. I would be going through the 30 days walk through of the Old Testament and hope to do it beginning of next week. I am excited over it and by God's grace, I hope to finish it by end of the year.

No comments: